Torrington CT Police Department
Lt. Kevin Dillon (ret)
L.E.A.D.S. + T – Law Enforcement
Active Diffusion Strategies Plus Tactical Options
Friday, March 10th, 2017
WHAT THE ATTENDING STUDENTS HAD TO SAY! 100% WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CLASS TO THEIR PEERS!
- As a CO (Corrections Officer) 98% of my interactions are verbal encounters. I will now have more insight on verbal intervention.
- Great mix of facts, stories and videos.
- This is the direction policing is going and will help me become a better officer.
- A lot of information will be utilized at the Training Academy.
- K.D. (Lt. Dillon) is a legendary presenter.
- Very relevant course materials.
- I will be able to implement skills and strategies when dealing with the public on patrol and in the schools.
- This course was excellent – the science, practical application and instruction was engaging.
- The course surpassed my expectations. It is simple yet very overlooked.
- It’s hard to maintain a cops attention for 8 hours of classroom learning. You seem to have perfected it.
- This should be mandatory training at the recruit level.
- Lt. Dillon was very entertaining, held interest and was very knowledgeable. He conveyed his knowledge effectively and thoroughly responded to all questions.
- Met all my expectations.
- The packet we wire given will be great to study.
- Lt. Dillon is obviously an expert on the material and therefore presented in a fashion that was easy to follow.
- This training should be done annually and required.
This course is an easy to use communications class for street confrontations that will assist to de-escalate engagements, reduce complaints, and liability, as well enhance officer survival!
This is a classroom based combat confrontation avoidance course. Based upon the L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Combat System, it teaches, in a classroom setting, how to recognize aggressive behaviors and keep them from escalating. Students learn Active Diffusion Strategies that can avoid or resolve negative interactions by employing effective de-escalation methods. This course also discusses tactical responses to use when diffusion tactics are inappropriate or ineffective and teaches distraction techniques that promote the success of tactical applications. We utilize lectures and demonstrations; no special equipment is necessary. There is no maximum limit to enrollment.
- understand the principles of risk management for conflict resolutions
- identify indicators of hostility through body language,
- learn and understand the value of customer service in law enforcement,
- learn how to turn negative communication into positive,
- identify professional benefits of respect,
- learn effective verbal de-escalation strategies,
- understand physiological changes during aggression,
- learn to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion,
- learn methods to redirect thought process through positive direction,
- learn the importance of professional posturing
- communicate and respond to special populations
(ex.-mental illness, autism, disabilities)
- identity different communication styles and appropriate response tactics,
- learn methods of motivational interviewing skills,
- learn methods of distraction to obtain tactical advantages,
- learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations
- identify and discuss the 3o Guiding Principles
- Learn contact – cover principals and concepts in conflict resolutions
Presently instructed in the states of MN, MI, FL,CT, RI, AZ, MA, CO, MO, AK, CA, MO
Course Reviewed and Approved by the United States Department of Justice!
“I personally benefited from this training and I would highly recommend it for officers, police managers and attorneys who defend officers. Thank you for including me and my fellow litigators in this valuable training.”
Judith A. Hanson Assistant City Attorney – City of Saint Paul
Host: Torrington Police Department
Location of Training: The Coe Park Civic Center
101 Litchfield Street, Torrington, CT
Local Contact – Lt. Thomas Rouleau
Phone: 860-489-2033 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org