Law Enforcement Active Diffusion Strategies for School Resource Officers
& Civilian University and School Security Officers
Through lectures, demonstrations, role play, and practical scenario applications, this course provides Active Diffusion Strategies and Immediate Control Training for School Resource Officers (SROs) and School Security Officers. School resource officers (SROs) and school security personnel require specialized control and restraint techniques, effective verbal deescalation techniques, and strategies for diffusion and physical control applications specifically designed to address violent individuals within the school setting.
This program is delivered in a 2 day format and covers
- understanding the principles of risk management for officer safety,
- identifying indications of hostility through body language,
- identifying professional benefits of active diffusion strategies,
- learning methods of effective verbal deescalation strategies,
- understanding psychophysiological changes during aggression,
- learning to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion,
- learning methods to redirect thought processes through positive direction,
- ethics and professional posturing,
- identifying different communication styles with appropriate response tactics,
- learning methods of motivational interviewing skills,
- learning methods of distraction to obtain tactical advantages,
- learning communication and physical strategies to de escalate situations, and
- learning how to avoid communication that may be negative, and
- learning how active strategies blend with a total law enforcement presentation.
- learning strategies separating active combatants,
- developing automatic and established policies and procedures when responding to violent encounters, and
- demonstrating knowledge and ability to perform and escort maneuvers.
Section III (optional but recommended)
Demonstrate knowledge and ability to perform the following techniques against a resisting suspect
- rear sentry takedown (student variations),
- double arm control, and
- arm wrap.
- Demonstrate knowledge, and ability to perform practical de-escalation and control tactics.