L.O.C.K.U.P. Police Combat
Arrest and Control Instructor Training
Anchorage PD – Anchorage Alaska
Feb 28 – March 3, 2017
Hello my fellow L.O.C.K.U.P.® Instructors,
CONGRATULATIONS to the officers of the Anchorage PD, Alaska DOC and US National Guard for completing one of the most physically intensive and realistic courses instructed in law enforcement. Although physically intensive, you all successfully completed the L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Combat Arrest and Control Instructor training. You EARNED your title as a L.O.C.K.U.P.® Instructor. I also want to THANK YOU for an outstanding training experience. It was a TRUE honor to train with professionals such as you.
The L.O.C.K.U.P.® Training is being instructed throughout the United States and Europe now In law enforcement, corrections, private security operations, juvenile detention centers, schools and hospitals. Although you have experienced the most intensive physical training as an instructor the material can be modified in intensity to fit the needs of in-service and or recruit training. When we have schools and hospitals using L.O.C.K.U.P.® it would be embarrassing to say it’s too much for law enforcement. Our officers deserve EFFECTIVE training that they can RETAIN so when they need to RETRIEVE it, it’s there for them. Real training is only to be measured on the street and not on the mats.
Special THANK YOU to Lana Meyer of the Alaska Peace Officers Association – Anchorage Chapter (APOA) and Capt. Sean Case of Anchorage PD for facilitating this course.
Below is what you all had to say about the course:
- What an awesome course – way exceeded my expectations.
- Far exceeded expectations.
- I like the classroom portion, examples of why the brain does what it does and why officers act in certain ways in calls.
- Fantastic course!
- Very good concepts and good platform to build on.
- Came to the program and was somewhat reserved expectations but throughout I saw the many applications of the techniques and similarities.
- Expectations were surpassed. Very good explanation of real-world applications.
Gave me more standup experience.
- I assumed it would be another refresher of techniques that don’t work in the real world. Plenty of new and effective techniques.
- Better than expected. Different things, such as getting students interest opened my eyes on how I can better myself.
- This course was the best defensive tactics / combat of course I have ever been through. The real world scenarios and examples are awesome.
- If anything, we cover more material in the five day period than I was expecting.
- Would like to incorporate into our curriculum at the D.O.C.
- Extremely well presented. Best training I have had. I’m stealing your $#$$.
- Give me better, better, and better skills to use in a response to aggression.
- That most realistic techniques ever taught.
- The different documentation examples will help me as MCMAP instructor. It will also help me on the streets of anchorage.
- I think the new tools I learned in this program will be very useful to my duty work. And hopefully on the training that.
- I will be able to provide training to the people that may have not received combatives training within the last three years. Thanks for the awesome training.
- I learned several things we will likely implement into work program more information to present to incoming academy.