South Metro Public Safety Training Facility, Edina MN SOLD OUT!
Hosting L.O.C.K.U.P.®Arrest and Control Instructor Training
October 9-13, 2017 — 0800-1600
An intensive 5-day training program on L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Arrest and Control Instructor Course. This course provides in-depth arrest and control confrontation training. It develops a solid foundation of de-escalation tactics, physical manipulation techniques with instructional methods that will certify the student as a Basic L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control Instructor. The defensive tactics empty-hand skills can be relied upon by individual officers or with as teams. This system is a complete arrest and control program that fully integrates all weapons systems of law enforcement.
- Risk Management for Confrontations
- Legal Aspects of Use of Force
- Report Writing, Documentation and Tracking
“You can’t manage what you do not measure.”
- Verbal Communication – De-escalation Skills
- Instructional Techniques to Fit the Employee
- Gross Motor Orientated Techniques
- Instructional Methods for Teaching
- Retainable Techniques
- Individual Based Takedowns
- Integration with Less Lethal Options
- Team Communications and Takedowns
- Police Ground Fighting Tactics
- Environmental Training
- Physiological Changes During Human Aggression
North Dakota / MN POST Approved!
EVIDENCE BASED TRAINING!
“The agency has an excellent self defense training program which contributed greatly to their success in low usage of less lethal weapons during this accreditation period.” C.A.L.E.A.® Executive Summary Assessment of L.O.C.K.U.P.®
Local Contact: Debra Fields, Executive Director
South Metro Public Safety Training Facility
7525 Braemar Blvd., Edina, MN 55439