Become a Qualified CT Arrest and Control L.O.C.K.U.P.® Instructor!!! CT Department of Corrections Hosting CT Arrest…
Brooklyn Park PD MN SOLD OUT!
L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Police Combat Ground Fighting Instructor Training
April 24 – 28, 2017
Congratulations to the 22 NEW L.O.C.K.U.P.® Ground Fighting Instructor who recently completed the physically intensive 5 course hosted by Brooklyn Park MN. PD. Last year Brooklyn Park MN PD almost lost an officer in a violent deadly force encounter involving a physical altercation. (Youtube Clip). The Brooklyn Park PD sought out the highest level police combative training for their officers and hosted this training. We applaud their professionalism and ability to realistically look at ways to improve their officers skills MOE’s ( methods of effectiveness ) when it comes to police arrest and control, and officer survival training.
The L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Ground Fighting Instructor Course is designed by officers who have been there and NOT by those who only have sport orientated training experience. Law enforcement ground combatives is significantly different than sport training. This is what the officers had to say:
100% Stated that they would recommend this course to their peers!
Evaluation question. “Please assess the quality of this presentation?
20 of 22 students rated the course the course at the highest category (5) excellent, one student rated it as (4) Very Good and one student rated it as (3) average.
- A+ hands down one of the best DT fighting schools I have been too.
- Amazing, the best I have been too.
- Instructors presented the information and techniques and very well.
- Knowledge of the material by instructors was extremely high.
- High quality and professional instruction.
- Very seamless transition from one topic to the next.
- Very applicable to today’s law enforcement.
- Instructors both did a great job explaining every move and how to accomplish an escape of mounted control.
- Really great five days of instruction.
- Fast paced but we had plenty of time to learn. Each technique was reviewed several times.
- Both instructors were very knowledgeable about the information they were teaching and feral. The presentation method was easy to follow and understand.
Evaluation question. “Was this program relevant to your work assignment?”
20 of 22 students rated the course the course at the highest category (5) excellent, two students rated it as (4) Very Good.
- University of Minnesota Police Dept. will continue to use this product.
- The program and movements taught was relevant to the environment I work in.
- Best instruction I have had on ground fighting with arrest and control techniques.
- I am planning on sending more officers when this training comes back.
- Very useful information and techniques.
- Yes I must for any police officer working in today’s society regardless of assignment.
- Highly recommend.
- Absolutely I will be back as well.
- Most definitely, I think some officers would benefit from the nine day course.
Evaluation question. Please assess the presenters of this program. – Det. Rob Magao and Ofc. Dan Cruz
21 of 22 students rated the course the course at the highest category (5) excellent, one student rated it as (4) Very Good.
- No question, these guys know their product.
- Great detail on instruction and application to the real world use.
- Instructors were very knowledgeable and explain the globe it’s very well
- They knew exactly how to present complex information slash instruction accurately so that you as a skilled and understood and could apply the techniques taught.
- Rob’s expertise in ground fighting made the instruction understandable. It was extremely beneficial to learn from someone who is passionate as well is trained.
- Both instructors were knowledgeable, work together and presented the material in as good productive it easy to grasp manner.
- Rob and Dan were very thorough with the training and made it easy to understand everything. The class flowed well in all came together like a puzzle. It was run at a good pace, the environmental drills outside were great! Especially in our gear because it made everything realistic.
- Instructors were great. I hope to have that ally and knowledge they have some day.
- Knew their stud and made class enjoyable.
- Unbelievable knowledge base and very thorough and all explanations.
The L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Ground Fighting Instructor Course is an in-depth presentation of police ground fighting arrest and control techniques that develop a solid foundation of law enforcement ground combatives. With a high estimated amount of fighting engagements going to the ground to secure a suspect law enforcement must be prepared to use tactics and strategies specifically focused on ground fighting tactics designed for law enforcement engagements, not sport orientated responses. L.O.C.K.U.P. ® orientation provides the base of the system with the course specifically focusing on grounded engagements designed for law enforcement, by law enforcement. Those who have actually been there.
- The L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Police Combat System
- Environmental and Situational Awareness
- Integration of standing arrest and control tactics
- Understand the limitations of grounded combat
- Multiple officers coordinated control tactics
- Mount, Guard and Side Control Platforms
- Police Ground Fighting vs. Sport Grappling
- Counter Offense from the Guard Position
- Counter Offense from the Mounted Position
- Maintaining and Escaping the Side –Control
- Submission Holds to Handcuffing positions
- Weapon Retention from a Grounded Position
- Instructor methodologies and concepts
- Plus much more…
MN POST Credits ApprovedREQUIRED EQUIPMENT
- BDU Style Pants · Boots with ankle support· Body Armor · Groin protection
- Full duty belt · Red Gun · No shorts allowed, officers wear gear!
Brooklyn Park PD MN
5400 85th Ave. Brooklyn Park MN 55443
Contact: Ofc. Kent Nielsen