CONGRATULATIONS NEW L.O.C.K.U.P. Instructor of Michigan
Oakland Police Academy – Auburn Hills MI
L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Arrest and Control Instructor Training
Aug 26 – 29, 2019
Congratulations to the students that attended and successfully completed the 5 day intensive L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control Instructor Training. The courses was hosted by the Oakland Police Academy in Auburn Hills Michigan.
A SPECIAL THANK YOU to Academy Director Dave Ceci who sees the need to provide realistic Law enforcement arrest and control training to the officers on the streets.
This is what the attending students had to say: 100% of attending students rated this course at the highest level.
- Very good class. I learned a lot in a short amount of time. The outside training was very informative.
- The use of real world examples really solidifies each lesson. Overall, amazing class, well organized, and great instructor.
- The instruction was clear and easy to learn because the person teaching the course is the creator of the topics. I’ve been to many training classes where the person training is not knowledgeable this was a great course for law enforcement.
- Very well organized, extremely knowledgeable with excellent backup data.
- Loved the class!
- Excellent examples for student familiarity and retention.
- Great course!
- Great program, great presenter.
- Great course, would love to see a follow-up course after year of implementation into the Department.
- Very good class, having additional instructors was beneficial so all students had one on one time.
- Great class and I will attend any class put on by Lt. “K.D.” Kevin Dillon.
- Great course, wouldn’t change a thing! Much love and respect.
- Very good. Would not change anything.
- This is my second LOCKUP course and I continue to learn a great deal. Hoping to implement this at our police department.
- Excellent class that effectively instructs material.
- Good balance of classroom and gym time. Understands his audience. Great class!
- Every lesson is well thought out and shown how it applies to law enforcement. I wish I had this training earlier in my career.
An intensive 5-day training program on L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Arrest and Control Instructor Course. This course provides in-depth arrest and control confrontation training. It develops a solid foundation of de-escalation tactics, physical manipulation techniques with instructional methods that will certify the student as a Basic L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control Instructor. The empty-hand skills can be relied upon by individual officers or with as teams. This system is a complete arrest and control program that fully integrates all weapons systems of law enforcement. This system has been court tested and validated based on the legal and medical review of the system.
Risk Management for Confrontations
Legal Aspects of Use of Force
Report Writing, Documentation and Tracking
“You can’t manage what you do not measure.”
Verbal Communication – De-escalation Skills
Instructional Techniques to Fit the Employee
Gross Motor Orientated Techniques
Instructional Methods for Teaching
Individual Based Takedowns
Integration with Less Lethal Options
Team Communications and Takedowns
Police Ground Fighting Tactics
Physiological Changes During Human Aggression