Coral Gables FL – L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Police Training – Arrest and Control Instructor Course
L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Police Training – Arrest and Control Instructor Course
Hosted by Coral Gables Police Dept. Florida
Feb 17-21, 2020 0800-1630
An intensive 5-day training program on L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Arrest and Control Instructor Course. This course provides in-depth arrest and control confrontation training. It develops a solid foundation of de-escalation tactics, physical manipulation techniques with instructional methods that will certify the student as a Basic L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control Instructor. The empty-hand skills can be relied upon by individual officers or with as teams. This system is a complete arrest and control program that fully integrates all weapons systems of law enforcement.
- Risk Management for Confrontations
- Legal Aspects of Use of Force
- Report Writing, Documentation and Tracking “You can’t manage what you do not measure.”
- Verbal Communication – De-escalation Skills
- Instructional Techniques to Fit the Employee
- Gross Motor Orientated Techniques
- Instructional Methods for Teaching
- Retain-able Techniques
- Individual Based Takedowns
- Integration with Less Lethal Options
- Team Communications and Takedowns
- Police Ground Fighting Tactics
- Environmental Training
- Physiological Changes During Human Aggression
Contact: William Barrow – Training Officer
City of Coral Gables Police Department
2801 Salzedo St, Coral Gables, FL 33134
(305) 460-5426 / email@example.com
The course materials/techniques presented, when compared with the states defensive tactics we currently base our instruction on, are far superior in both ease of learning and practical application. To explain that further, Dillon’s course, training system, and techniques all had one purpose – to put the officer in a superior position and put the aggressor in handcuffs, i.e. to gain control of a combative/resisting subject. Additionally, the course was presented with “stimulus recognition” (of aggression) as the prompt for action.
Many courses succeed or fail based upon the instructor. Lt. Dillon clearly has the experience and details of personal encounters to support each technique taught and prove why it’s successful. Additionally, he provided easily verifiable proof to support the use and efficiency of his techniques with empirical testimonials from officers, endorsements from other trainers, and related legal decisions. In short, the LOCKUP® course was the best and most complete training on use of force I have attended in my 35 years in law enforcement. The funds were monies well spent. Lt. Charles Kenniff – Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office
PALM BEACH College hosted L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control Training Sept. 30 – Oct. 4, 2019
Attended by Palm Beach County Sheriff’s, West Palm Beach PD, Port St. Lucie PD, Palm Beach Gardens PD, Jupiter PD, Atlantis PD, Boyton PD, Riviera PD and Palm Springs PD
What the students had to say:
- So amazing! Thank you for everything. You are incredible and we learned so much plus made new friends.
- Easily the best and most useful class I’ve taken at this college.
- I would take any class offered by these guys!
- Amazing class! Both instructions were very thorough when demonstrating. Lecturing the material and the materials are relative to the job.
- Both instructors were very professional when dealing with the class. Highly recommend this course to all agencies. Looking forward to taking more courses with LOCKUP training.
- Good presentation of knowledge. Good presentation of techniques. Well spoken and well presented.
- Great applications for work. Really helpful with the report writing aspect as well. Really grateful for the transfer of knowledge in the presentations given.
- I have been in law enforcement for over 20 years. This class was very humbling and extremely relevant. I’m excited to take this material back to my agency in implement the tactics I learned.
- Lieutenant Kevin Dillon is by far the best instructor I have ever met. It was a real pleasure learning from him in Guy Samuelson
- I would highly recommend this class for everyone in law enforcement agency and this country.
- More legal law in the books.
- I strongly suggest a 10-day course. Also, for future classes encourage physical fitness.
- Great course and great instructors. Topic is consistent with the work-related encounters
- The instructors were motivating and knowledgeable. The biggest thing I liked is the system is that is being reevaluated constantly. How we always done it will kill a program.
- Excellent realistic training that was easily retained
- Amazing and great class. Instructors, material and presentation were awesome. Looking forward to more courses brought by them.
- One of the best classes offered here. Stress officers be prepared for physical. Really great.
- Amazing class, great breakdowns.