Cranston RI – Use of Force, A Systematic Approach- You Cant Manage What you Don’t Measure
Cranston RI Police Department
|Police Use of Force for Command, Supervisors and Trainers
“You can’t manage what you don’t measure.”
April 4, 2018 / 0800 – 1600 Hours
In this 8 hour workshop the training will examine the most recent and up to date issues that specifically impact Command, Mid-level Managers and Supervisors concerning police use of force incidents. This overview concentrates on multiple issues ranging from daily officer citizen complaints to investigative issues involving deadly force encounters. Instruction uses lecture and case review. This is essential training for anyone who reviews or oversees police use of force incidents, investigations or training.
- Legal applications of use of force – What is being reported
- Early intervention by tracking for use of force
- Reducing liability in use of force by deploying de-escalation strategies and documentation
- Reducing liability and increasing officer safety by deploying tactical strategies
- Strategies on responding to individuals that are considered special populations
- How to avoid an “Eric Garner case”
- What to look for when tracking police use of force
- 30 Guiding principles to the street officer
- On scene investigation protocols for supervisors
- Coordination and strategies dealing with multiple officer engagements
- Training measurements and performance – You can’t manage what you don’t measure.
- Video recording issues regarding viewing and reporting
- Immediate press release strategies ……Plus more.
Lt. Mark Freeborn – Training Division Commander
Cranston Police Academy
493 Phenix Ave, Cranston, RI 02920
401-477-5073 / email@example.com