East Haven CT Police Department
TRIPLE CERTIFICATION TRAINING – Handcuffing – O.C. Spray & Expandable & Straight Police Baton
June 18 – 22, 2018
0800 – 1630
- Hands on, repetition for quality training, fun!
- No words for this level of training.
- This program gave me the necessary skills to effectively train officers and function as a patrol officer.
- Lt. Dillon and associates are phenomenally knowledgeable and understand captivating an audience.
- Some of the best instructors in the industry.
- This training enhanced your ability to train others more effectively.
- I’ve completed several state levels of law enforcement training, military and civilian training. This has been a great level of training.
- All of this program was done at a high level of instruction, very professional informative and knowledgeable.
- I would recommend this training to law enforcement throughout the world.
- I mean totally awesome! This should be authorized and mandatory every 6 months.
- Versatile training with real life application.
- One of the best classes I have been too in my law enforcement career.
Handcuffing Instructor Training
- Nomenclature of the hinged and chain link handcuffs.
- Handcuffing passive and resistant suspects.
- Practical exercises of handcuffing maneuvers.
- Departmental policy sample discussion.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform team
- Takedown and handcuffing maneuvers.
- Documentation and report writing.
- Safe Removal of handcuffs from suspects.
- Controlling handcuffed combatants.
- L.O.C.K.U.P. ® tactics integrated.
Baton Instructor Training – Straight & Expandable
- Legal aspects of police use of force.
- Baton deployment and purpose.
- Baton justification.
- Basic baton strikes.
- Body mechanics and footwork.
- Documentation and tracking use of force.
- Baton nomenclature.
- Baton blocking principals.
- Baton body manipulations.
- Trouble shooting student performance.
APPLICABLE FOR ALL BATONS!!!!
Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) Spray Instructor Training
- Identify the various ingredients and strengths of (OC) spray.
- Identify current legal/policy issues in the use of (OC) spray.
- Identify the physical, psychological and physiological effects
- Management protocols re: medical, and de-contamination procedures.
- Identify the most effective (OC) delivery methods.
- Identify the flammable characteristics of (O.C.) spray.
- Identify the placement of OC on the “Use of Force Spectrum”.
- Identify pre-existing medical conditions that may be aggravated by OC.
- Identify verbal commands/warnings that should accompany
- Deployment of OC.
- Properly documenting the use of OC.
- Tactical considerations: various canisters, holsters, and retention.
- Draw techniques.
- Perform a tactical OC exposure and restraint of a simulated “active” resistive subject.
Contact – Lieutenant Pat Tracy Email – PTracy@easthavenpolice.com / (203) 468-2161
Training to be held at East Haven High School – 35 Wheelbarrow Lane, East Haven, CT