CT – Triple Instructor Certification Handcuffing – O.C. Spray & Expandable Police Baton
Connecticut Department of Corrections
Triple Instructor Certification
Handcuffing – O.C. Spray & Expandable Police Baton
Aug. 28 – Sept. 1, 2023
Aug. 28 – Aug 31, 2023
An intensive 5-day training program to develop instructors in Handcuffing, Oleoresin Spray, and the Police Baton (Fixed and Expandable). This is a law enforcement instructor course developing integration concepts within the less lethal options used by law enforcement and correctional operations. Officers are not restricted to one less lethal option or product and need to integrate, interleave, and transition from one disciple to another. This course brings those options together in an instructor format so agencies can benefit from the investment in the training. All three systems are completely consistent with each other and is fully consistent with the principles and legal guidelines established for police use of force.
Through lectures, demonstrations, role-play, and practical scenario applications this course is designed to develop instructors in the use of Handcuffing, Oleoresin Capsicum – O.C. Spray and Police Baton. Students will be instructed in the legal aspects of use of force and the physical applications as well as teaching g methodologies to deliver the materials effectively. The students will be instructed in using the amount of force that is necessary, reasonable and proportionate, to control a violent resisting or combative suspect (s). Students will also be instructed in teaching methodologies needed to instruct the legal aspect of the use of force, the physical applications of Handcuffing, O.C. Spray, and Police Baton and test students for competency. environmental settings.
Handcuffing and Restraints
- Nomenclature of the hinged and chain link handcuffs.
- Handcuffing passive and resistant suspects.
- Practical exercises of handcuffing maneuvers.
- Departmental policy sample discussion.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform team takedowns and handcuffing maneuvers.
- Documentation and report writing.
- Safe Removal of handcuffs from suspects.
- Controlling handcuffed combatants.
- Safe transports.
- L.O.C.K.U.P. ® tactics integrated.
Oleoresin Capsicum Spray
- Identify the various ingredients and strengths of (OC) spray.
- Identify current legal/policy issues in the use of (OC) spray.
- Identify the physical, psychological and physiological effects
- Management protocols re: medical, and de-contamination procedures.
- Identify the most effective (OC) delivery methods.
- Identify the flammable characteristics of (OC) spray.
- Identify the placement of OC on the “Use of Force Spectrum”.
- Identify pre-existing medical conditions that may be aggravated by OC.
- Identify verbal commands/warnings that should accompany
- Deployment of OC.
- Properly documenting the use of OC.
- Tactical considerations: various canisters, holsters, and retention.
- Draw techniques.
- Perform a tactical OC exposure and restraint of a simulated “active” resistive subject.
Police Baton Training
- Legal aspects of police use of force.
- Baton deployment and purpose.
- Baton justification.
- Basic baton strikes.
- Body mechanics and footwork.
- Documentation and tracking use of force.
- Baton nomenclature.
- Universal platforms.
- Baton blocking principles.
- Baton body manipulations.
- Trouble shooting student performance.
- L.O.C.K.U.P. ® tactics integrated.
APPLICABLE FOR ALL BATONS!!!!
Department of Corrections and Probation
Ed Quijano, Captain
275 Jarvis St., Cheshire, CT.
Eduardo.firstname.lastname@example.org 203 271 5132 office
CT POSTC Credits Applied
Triple Instructor Certification Instructor Training
Oakland Police Academy – Auburn Hills MI
April 3 – 7, 2023
We recommend this training for all CNMI LEO’s. Requesting Lieutenant K.D. (Lt. Kevin Dillon) to bring back this training to C.N.M.T.
This course was insightful and I will be able to use what I learned here to help protect myself and my partners.
Excellent instructor, very informative makes understanding very clear and easy.
K.D. was great. He was knowledgeable and was open to feedback. he was entertaining but made sure the goals were accomplished.
Great energy, exercise patience. Brought real life scenarios to practical exercises. highly recommend.
Great instructor! You could tell that K.D. loves the material. Great energy and attitude. I enjoyed the case law review and the documentation tips for report writing.
Always a pleasure watching K.D. work, very knowledgeable and passionate. I know I’m in for an exciting class when K.D. is instructing as well as confident that I will be learning very real world tactics. Thank you Lt.
Always a good class very good material.
Awesome as always
As always K.D. does an awesome job instructing officers in the material.
Nothing but the best.
Great class as always
I like how everyone had a chance to teach back information
Great class I will be back for more classes.
Great course! Great application to real world would recommend to anyone in law enforcement.
Really good class
Way better than **** training.