Daytona Beach FL – L.E.A.D.S. Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies
Daytona State College – School of Emergency Services
Daytona Beach Florida
L.E.A.D.S. Law Enforcement SPECIAL – Pay for 2 and Send 3rd FREE
Active De-escalation Strategies
Monday, May 21, 2018 – 0800-1630
De-escalation Certification for the Law Enforcement Professional!
Congratulations to the officers that attended and successfully completed the one day L.E.A.D.S. program hosted at Daytona State College, Daytona Beach FLA. Officers from Titusville, Deland, Longwood, Ocala, Tavares and Port Orange Police Departments attended this program.
- Truly enlightening and valuable. Opened my eyes to tactics I’d never considered.
- Relatable anecdotes, applicable to the field.
- Teaching how to speak to people to resolve conflict is great. The science behind the curriculum is the most interesting aspect of the class.
- Excellent! Tying in the material to real life experiences (Stories).
- Strategies for actual situations.
- Practical application of the concepts / material.
- Great speaker and kept engaged.
- Examples on when and how it works.
This is a nationally recognized conflict resolution de-escalation certification course. The program is instructed within a classroom setting how to recognize aggression and not stimulate aggression. Students learn Active De-escalation Strategies that can avoid escalating situations or resolve interactions by employing verbal influence techniques, de-escalation and communications methods. Officers learn how to influence behavior by deploying techniques that are proven to work in the “real world”. Officers are also instructed on how to document the de-escalation strategies. If it’s not in the report, it didn’t happen! Instruction uses lectures, scenarios and demonstrations to facilitate retention.
- Identify professional benefits of active diffusion strategies
- Risk management for officer safety
- Anger management and control techniques
- How complaints are used against officers in litigation
- Learn principles of emotional intelligence for law enforcement
- Learn methods of effective verbal de-escalation strategies
- Understanding physiological changes during aggression
- Learn to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion
- Learn methods to re-direct the thought process
- Identity different communications styles with appropriate response tactics
- Learn methods of motivational interviewing skills
- Learn methods of distraction to obtain tactical advantages
- Learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations…plus more!
REVIEWED AND APPROVED BY THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE.
Presently Instructed in TX, MN, MI, FL, CT, RI, MA, ME, ND, MO, MD, PA, AK, NE and AZ
Daytona State College—School of Emergency Services
1770 Technology Blvd.- Off North Williamson Blvd. – ATC Building
Daytona Beach, Fl. 32117
Contact Ms. Robin Davis
Email – Robin.Davis@daytonastate.edu / 386-506-4141
Only $125.00 Group Rates available! Call 860.436.6975
“I personally benefited from this training and I would highly recommend it for officers, police managers and attorneys who defend officers. Thank you for including me and my fellow litigators in this valuable training.”
Judith A. Hanson Assistant City Attorney – City of Saint Paul