L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Police Training SOLD OUT!!!
Arrest and Control Instructor Course
South Metro Public Safety Training Facility, MN
CONGRATULATIONS to the new L.O.C.K.U.P. Instructors of MN and WI. These students successfully attended and completed the 5 day physically demanding L.O.C.K.U.P. Instructor Course. The sold out class had officers from throughout MN and WI attend the program. They are now certified to conduct L.O.C.K.U.P. training at their agencies.
What the students had to say:
If the please assess the quality of this presentation.
100% of attending students rated this at the highest category, 5 Excellent.
- Excellent! I never lost interest, the passion the instructors had was obvious. I was not only able to review LOCKUP techniques by learned how to teach.
- Instructor development, tactics, risk management, global view of use of force. Hit all sensory levels.
- This course completely met my expectations everything was explained on the web site and youtube were exactly what he trained and taught. Quality of the presentation was explained best to everyone’s capability.
- Second time through the entire course as a refresher and still learned a bunch of new things.
- The way it is presented really hits home towards officers.
- The material covered gave a good base knowledge to help me prepare for most situations I would encounter.
- Detailed, hit several points of “why.”
- I was very impressed by the quality of each presentation given.
- It was very relevant to what current issues and police use of force.
- I was unsure how it was going to be, I thought the level of intensity was perfect.
- Lt. Dillon really kept me entertained and engaged in the classroom and mat training.
- I went through the users course through our department. This course helped more polish what I have learned.
- Classroom portion was great and kept me interested. Not just reading PowerPoint. Videos were great.
- New learning concepts presented in applicable ways. Presented in a way that speaks from officer side and legal side.
- Expected to learn to teach the moves. Became better and executing them and knowing why they work. Top quality, explains why the moves a work and why they are effective.
- If I was doubtful about this course, but after this week I no longer am.
- Please assess the instructors of this program.
- Great, wonderful experience real world examples.
- Great! All have points of experience relating to what is being taught to the job.
- Instructors were very easy to follow in learn from.
- The instructors were very knowledgeable and presented the material in it very clear and easy to understand manner.
- All the instructors were awesome and very down to earth. The instructors and presentations we were what made this awesome.
- K. D. (Lt. Dillon) and his team of instructors are incredibly knowledgeable. They broke down all the skills into chunks that made what seems like complicated techniques easy to learn.
- Solid instructors and have firsthand knowledge and experiences actually using the moves, very happy.
- All the instructors seemed like a master’s in the LOCKUP combatives.
- I thought the group of instructors were very knowledgeable and effective when instructing. Makes me want to continue training to become as professional they are. Help show the effectiveness of the program.
- Not much to say here. Instructors exceeded my already high expectations.
- The instructors of this program were great. They were all active, communicating, patient, energized and was there to help and motivate the trainers to prepare them for encounters that they came across through work.
- Other Comments
- This training changed my whole thought process to improve the level of training.
- I will be requesting to make a few changes to our arrest control tactics of based on what I have learned this week.
- Improve the ability to see opportunities to bring dangerous situations to an end quickly and safely.
- The takedowns were very effective in the entire LOCKUP program all ties in together.
Sept. 24 – 28, 2018 0800-1630
An intensive 5-day training program on L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Arrest and Control Instructor Course. This course provides in-depth arrest and control confrontation training. It develops a solid foundation of de-escalation tactics, physical manipulation techniques with instructional methods that will certify the student as a Basic L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control Instructor. The empty-hand skills can be relied upon by individual officers or with as teams. This system is a complete arrest and control program that fully integrates all weapons systems of law enforcement.
- Risk Management for Confrontations
- Legal Aspects of Use of Force
- Report Writing, Documentation and Tracking
“You can’t manage what you do not measure.”
- Verbal Communication – De-escalation Skills
- Instructional Techniques to Fit the Employee
- Gross Motor Orientated Techniques
- Instructional Methods for Teaching
- Retainable Techniques
- Individual Based Takedowns
- Integration with Less Lethal Options
- Team Communications and Takedowns
- Police Ground Fighting Tactics
- Environmental Training
- Physiological Changes During Human Aggression
RI, CT, N Dakota / MN POST Approved!
Local Contact: Debra Fields, Executive Director
South Metro Public Safety Training Facility
7525 Braemar Blvd., Edina, MN 55439