Enfield CT – L.E.A.D.S. Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Instructor Certification
Enfield Police Department -CT
L.E.A.D.S. Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies Instructor Certification
May 15, 16 & 17, 2019
Congratulations to the students who attended and successfully completed the three day L.E.A.D.S. Instructor Certification.
- This is what the students had to say:
- Good for everyday patrol and working with the public.
- This is a class I really wanted and I cannot wait to bring it back to my PD.
- Exactly what I hoping it would be information wise.
- The presentation was relevant and interesting. The instructor was very successful in getting his points across.
- The training aids, videos and role playing by the instructor was perfect.
- Learned how to really not go off on someone and to redirect and diffuse the situation through talking before going hands on.
- Amazing, should be taught and implemented to all officers.
- Outstanding great presentation. A lot of material but the following up reinforce the teaching.
- “K.D.” (Lt. Dillon) keeps the class interesting and grabs everyone’s attention. Breaks down complex brain functions to simple terms.
- The quality of this presentation completely exceeded my expectations.
I am looking forward to teaching my department these strategies. Would definitely recommend this training.
- Excellent mix of visual aids, comedy and stories. One of the more well rounded presentation styles I’ve seen.
- Presentation was fantastic! Was not death by PowerPoint.
- Lt. Dillon is phenomenal!
- every shift officers deal with irate persons often from special populations and this material will help.
- Best instructor that I have had the pleasure of listening to.
This is a nationally recognized conflict resolution de-escalation certification course. The L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies Training was developed in 2007 and has been receiving national recognition.
Through lectures, demonstrations, role play, and practical scenario applications, this course is an instructor level program designed to qualify students in the L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies and Tactical Options Program. The course is classroom based to educate and train instructors in positive communications skills, effective de -escalation techniques, anger management and combat confrontation avoidance techniques. The course teaches how to recognize aggressive behaviors and keep them from escalating. Students learn Active De-escalation Strategies that can avoid or resolve negative interactions by employing effective de-escalation methods. This course also discusses tactical responses to use when diffusion tactics are inappropriate or ineffective and teaches distraction techniques that promote the success of tactical applications.
• Risk management for officer safety
• Anger management and control techniques
• How complaints are used against officers in litigation
• Learn principles of emotional intelligence for law enforcement
• Identify professional benefits of active diffusion strategies
• Learn methods of effective verbal de-escalation strategies
• Understanding physiological changes during aggression
• Learn to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion
• Learn anger management skills and techniques
• Learn methods to re-direct the thought process
• Identity different communications styles with appropriate response tactics
• Learn methods of motivational interviewing skills
• Learn methods of distraction to obtain tactical advantages
• Learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations…plus more!
REVIEWED AND APPROVED BY THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE.
Presently Instructed in the states of FL, CT, RI, MA, ND, MN, MO, MI, SD, CO, AK, CA, AZ, WY & NM.
Local Contact: Roberto Felici,
Training Officer Enfield, Conn. Police Department “