Palm Beach State College
Lake Worth FL
Edged Weapon and Ground Control Instructor Training
March 21 – 25, 2022
The L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Ground Control Edged Weapon Instructor Course is an in-depth presentation of police ground control tactics integrated with edged weapon defense. The course will provide a solid foundation of law enforcement and corrections ground engagements. This is not sport-orientated grappling! These are tactics and techniques designed for law enforcement / correctional engagements wearing full equipment. L.O.C.K.U.P. ® orientation provides the base of the system with the course specifically focusing on grounded and edged weapon engagements.
• The L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Police Combat System
• Environmental and Situational Awareness
• Understand the limitations of grounded combat
• Weapon integration
• Mount, Guard and Side Control Platforms
• Counter Offense from the Guard Position
• Counter Offense from the Mounted Position
• Maintaining and Escaping the Side Control
• Submission Holds to Handcuffing positions
• Learning to keep a tactical distance from assailant (s)
• Understand the dynamics of an edged weapon assault
• Defensive strategy/technique against five most likely edged weapon attacks
• Instructor methodologies and concepts
• Teaching techniques for psychomotor skills
• Plus much more…
Registration MUST be through your agency training department or coordinator.
Completed registrations may be emailed on agency letterhead to: CJTRAINING@palmbeachstate.edu.
Contact : Joseph Tata Jr.
Advanced Career Training Law Enforcement/Corrections Coordinator.
4200 Congress Ave. Lake Worth, FL 33461