Criminal Justice Academy of Osceola – Florida
L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Police System – Ground Control and Edged Weapon Instructor
May 22 – 26, 2023
Congratulations to the new L.O.C.K.U.P. Ground Control Edged Weapon Instructors of Florida! The students attended and successfully completed the mentally challenging and physically demanding 5 day instructor training hosted by the Osceola Justice Academy.
This is what the attending student had to say!
Were there parts of the program you saw is particularly useful?
- The breakdown of each move.
- All the moves taught integrated together.
- No improvements needed excellent!
- Adding the new techniques to end with a LOCKUP position.
- Ground fighting.
- Clinch takedowns, tabletop, mounted recovery, shrimping, creating a frame, establishing a dominant position. Turtle takedown variations.
- Although all parts of the course was amazing the choke topics were great and relevant to real life and job life situations.
- The program doesn’t need improvement.
- Escape from full mount.
- Perfect, as is instructor was knowledgeable and presented material effectively.
- The personal instruction and demonstrations were very valuable in understanding the moves and how they apply to each scenario.
- More knife fighting.
- Instructors were so awesome.
- Very knowledgeable, encouraged students, explained all moves, provided a great learning environment.
- The ground defense in particular.
The L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Ground Control Edged Weapon Instructor Course is an in-depth presentation of police ground control tactics integrated with edged weapon defense. The course will provide a solid foundation of law enforcement and corrections ground engagements. This is not sport orientated grappling! These are tactics and techniques designed for law enforcement / correctional engagements wearing full equipment. L.O.C.K.U.P. ® orientation provides the base of the system with the course specifically focusing on grounded and edged weapon engagements.
Lead Instructors Lt. Bryan Palagi/Officer Percy Smith
- The L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Police Combat System
- Environmental and Situational Awareness
- Understand the limitations of grounded combat
- Weapon integration
- Mount, Guard and Side Control Platforms
- Counter Offense from the Guard Position
- Counter Offense from the Mounted Position
- Maintaining and Escaping the Side Control
- Submission Holds to Handcuffing positions
- Learning to keep tactical distance from assailant (s)
- Understand the dynamics of an edged weapon assault
- Defensive strategy/technique against five most likely edged weapon attacks
- Instructor methodologies and concepts
- Teaching techniques for psychomotor skills
Plus much more…
REGISTER – Officers interested in attending must contact their agency training division for approval. A signed agency training authorization form or CJAO 15A registration form must be completed and emailed or faxed to the Academy by authorized training personnel prior to the start of class. Forms can be sent to email@example.com or faxed to 407-962-5265.
Criminal Justice Academy of Osceola
Building 8, Room 117
501 Simpson Road ? Kissimmee, FL 34744
0800 – 1700
Contact us at 407-518-5445 ? FAX 407-962-5265 ? osceolaschools.net/otech