L.E.A.D.S. – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies
24 Hours (3 Day Instructor Training)
Tuesday, January 23rd – Wednesday, 25th, 2024
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Location: DSC Advanced Technology College
Mandatory Retraining Only (meaning you cannot receive salary incentive)
This is a nationally recognized conflict resolution de-escalation certification course. The L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies Training was developed in 2007 and has been taught throughout the United States.
Through lectures, demonstrations, role play, and practical scenario applications, this course is an instructor-level program designed to qualify students in the L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies and Tactical Options Program. The course is classroom-based to educate and train instructors in positive communication skills, effective de-escalation techniques, anger management, and combat confrontation avoidance techniques. The course teaches how to recognize aggressive behaviors and keep them from escalating. Students learn Active De-escalation Strategies that can avoid or resolve negative interactions by employing effective de-escalation methods. This course also discusses tactical responses to use when diffusion tactics are inappropriate or ineffective and teaches distraction techniques that promote the success of tactical applications. This material is currently the state-adopted De-escalation System taught in each Academy.
- learn how to turn negative communication into positive
- identify professional benefits of respect
- learn anger management techniques
- learn effective verbal de-escalation strategies
- community empowerment and partnership strategies
- understand physiological changes during aggression
- learn to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion
- learn methods to redirect thought processes in positive direction
- communicate and respond to special populations; (ex.-mental illness, autism, disabilities)
- learn methods of motivational interviewing skills
- learn tactically relocation strategies to delay confrontations
- concepts of fair and impartial policing
- learn to build community partnerships through daily interactions
- learn to conduct breakout sessions for role-playing exercises
- learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations
- learn how de-escalation and or the lack of is used in litigation plus more!
REVIEWED AND APPROVED BY THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Presently Instructed in the states of FL, CT, RI, MA, ND, MN, NH, PA, MO, MI, TX, SD, CO, AK, NE, CA, AZ, NM, UT and VT
THIS TRAINING COURSE IS NOT CJSTC TRUST FUNDED
LOCATION of TRAINING:
Daytona State College
Advanced Technology College
1770 Technology Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32117