Osceola County Sheriff’s Office
Responding to Violence with Strategies and Tactics
Tuesday Feb. 25, 2020 0800 to 1700
Lt. Col. Grossman and and Lt. Kevin Dillon present to a full house at the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office in Kissimmee FL.
STUDENT FEEDBACK:Great mix with Lt. Col. Grossman and Lt. Kevin Dillon
Give me more of it!
Will implement new knowledge to employees
Instructors were very knowledgeable in their field of expertise
Excellent – need more
Great information, great presentation!
Impressive style and delivery! Have never seen better!
World class! Doesn’t get any better.
Awesome. Very passionate instructors. Honored to attend.
As a supervisor the information will help with my interaction with my people.
Gave lots of good ideas to bring back and inspire new types of training.
PowerPoint kept you engaged due to the active presentation.
Felling a little burnt out. This class lit a small fire and helped motivate me.
Both were outstanding.
De-escalation and anger management, criminal vs. crisis. PTSD vs. normal responses – Great education.
How to approach people in the real world.
Great knowledge, delivery of material was excellent.
100% great motivational content.
Very useful info to incorporate into out daily tasks.
No instructors better to go over these topics.
Great presentation, mixed with import and information and humor.
Great PowerPoint and videos.
Fantastic presentation with great visual examples.
Had the literature to back up presentation.
Dynamic speaker with credible and expert information.
A tag team presentation by two internationally recognized experts, this course will discuss and address an integrated approach when responding to violence with the community. This eight hour seminar is designed as an integrated response for Police, EMS, Fire, Community members and Educators. The key to responding to violence is to prepare strategically, emotionally and tactically. The first step is to acknowledge that violent attacks can happen to you, the second is to take steps to prevent it.
Lt. Kevin F. Dillon (Ret) Lt. Col. Dave Grossman (Ret)
International Speaker and Trainer U.S. Army (Ret) – Director
L.O.C.K.U.P. Police Training – Founder Killology Research Group
- The threat to our nation and the desperate need for an integrated response.
- Recent explosion of violence, against first responders and society.
- Possibility of terrorist attacks on our soil, and on our schools.
- A model seen around the world.
- A mindset of preparation, embrace the responsibility to protect. and respond
- Preparation saves us twice. Physically and psychologically.
- Understanding the principals of risk management for personal safety.
- Learning techniques to enhance environmental and situational awareness.
- Learn methods of effective verbal de-escalation strategies for human communications.
- Integrated responses for “special population” incidents. Police/Fire/Dispatch and EMS.
- How to control your psycho-physiological changes during aggression and violence.
- Learn methods to re-direct the thought process for a tactical advantage.
- Direct application of sports and performance psychology to successful performance during life-and-death events.
- Reality based training as a revolution in performance in life-and-death circumstances.
- Reality based drills for to enhance performance under stress. “Captain Sullenberger response.”
Email SOTrain@osceola.org / 407.348.1110
Training to be conducted at Osceola County Sheriff’s Office
2601 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy. Kissimmee FL 34744
Call for group rates – 860.436.6975