Daytona Beach FL – Overcoming Size Differences for Female Enforcers
Daytona State College – School of Emergency Services
Daytona Beach Florida
Overcoming Size Differences for Female Enforcers
May 22 and 23, 2018
Congratulations to the officers who attended and successfully attended and completed the physically demanding LO.C.K.U.P. Overcoming Size Differences Course for Female Enforcers. Officers from Daytona Beach, Ocala, Sanford, Port Orange, Ormond Beach, Orlando, Melbourne, Bunnell and Tavares Police and Sheriffs’s Departments attended the program.
Students Comments:100% of attending student rated this course at the highest level of “excellent.”
Best part of presentation?
- Great explanation of why the moves work.
- The science behind what happens to your body under stress.
- Skeletal manipulations.
- Learning tactical moves and reporting it in my report.
- Practical applications.
- When it was explained, demonstrated and performance of “taking down the skeleton”. Best way anyone has described this.
- Hands on!
- Best classroom and mat time were useful but the best was when K.D. (Lt. Dillon actually physically demonstrated on us
- Understanding the psychology of the brain during stress.
This two day course is designed to address violent encounters dealing with suspects of larger stature. When attempting control larger suspects, size and strength differentials necessitate combat strategies less reliant on pure upper body strength. The concepts and techniques can be utilized by any officer addressing a larger suspect. The days are hands-on and mentally challenging. Officers train and drill wearing vest, gun belt and long pants because anything else makes no sense.
L.O.C.K.U.P. Police Training System and Principles
- Risk Assessment and Threat Indicators
- Ground Fighting Counter Measures
- Fear Management and Control
- Fighting Techniques and Fatigue
- Understanding Weapon Integration
- Decisive Takedown Manipulations
- Active Diffusion Strategies
- Team Approach and Strategies
- Understanding Mass / Power and Kinetic Energy
- Overcoming/ Understanding Size Challenges
- Using Your Size to Your Benefit
- Proper Weapon and Target Selection
- Taser to Physical Control
- BDU Style Pants
- Boots w ankle Support
- Body Armor
- Red Gun / Full Gun belt
- Handcuffs and keys
Daytona State College—School of Emergency Services
1770 Technology Blvd.- Off North Williamson Blvd. – ATC Building
Daytona Beach, Fl. 32117
Contact Ms. Robin Davis
Email – Robin.Davis@daytonastate.edu / 386-506-4141
Best training I have attended. All instructors were knowledgeable, confident and approachable. I cannot say enough about how great it was. Would love another classroom and mat day. I understand it might be difficult to engage some for 3 days – but it would be worth it!! Amazing!
Love the multiple examples to explain things. Liked best, Rear Sentry take-downs.
Toni was great. She was able to explain the moves clearly and in ways I can remember.
Course hosted in MN March 14 – 15, 2018