Become a Qualified CT Arrest and Control L.O.C.K.U.P.® Instructor!!! CT Department of Corrections Hosting CT Arrest…
Palm Beach College FL
Use of Force Concepts for Police Leaders
“You can’t manage what you don’t measure.”
June 2 -3, 2021 / 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Today every use of force incident is scrutinized frame by frame on a video and judged by untrained individuals creating distrust and false narratives. The use of force analysis, investigation, and training is a complex continually evolving issue. This 2-day training session is designed for Police Leaders who, review, report, instructor investigates police use of force incidents. The training will examine the most recent and up-to-date issues that specifically impact Leaders, IA investigators, and trainers concerning police use of force incidents. This course breaks down multiple issues ranging from daily officer citizen complaints, curriculum design, use of force reporting, tracking and trending, and investigation involving police use of force encounters. Instruction uses lectures, case studies, and demonstrations. “One improper technique changed the county!”
- Legal applications of use of force – What is being reported
- Early Intervention tracking for use of force
- Reducing liability in use of force by deploying de-escalation strategies and documentation
- Reducing liability and increasing officer safety by deploying tactical strategies
- Strategies on responding to individuals that are considered special populations
- How to avoid an “Eric Garner Incident”
- What to look for when tracking police use of force
- Training curriculum selection and review
- Coordination and strategies dealing with multiple officer engagements
- Training measurements and performance – You can’t manage what you don’t measure.
- Video recording issues regarding viewing and reporting
- Immediate press release strategies ……Plus more.KEVIN DILLON (ret) is a highly sought after speaker and international trainer. He has lectured on use of force executive issues throughout the country. His appearances include conferences such as the International Association of Chief of Police (IACP), Commission of Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA®) and FBI Command College, and FBI LEEDA Conferences. Lt. Dillon has been requested in many hotspots such as New Mexico, St Louis MO, California to address concerns on police use of force. Recently interviewed on CNN for law enforcement tactics.
Criminal Justice Institute (LW)
Region XII – no fee
Non-region – $ TBA
NOTE: Seats will be limited to 30 attendees, due to CoVID-19 Pandemic
Seat Hold WILL NOT be allowed.
4200 Congress Avenue – Lake Worth, FL 33461
Registration MUST be through your agency training department or coordinator.
Registrations may be emailed on agency letterhead to CJTRAINING@palmbeachstate.edu.
Once approved by Agency, attendees must register on Eventbrite@:https://www.palmbeachstate.edu/CCE/criminal-justice.aspx
with a password from the appropriate training supervisor.