Golden Colorado Police Department
Presents L.E.A.D.S. + T – Law Enforcement
Active De-escalation Strategies Plus Tactical Options
Three Day Instructor Course – $525.00 per officer
NEW DATES: Dec. 5, 6 and 7, 2018 TIMES: 0830-1630
This is a nationally recognized conflict resolution de-escalation certification course. The L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies Training was developed in 2007 and has been receiving national recognition. The L.E.A.D.S. ™curriculum has been reviewed and approved by the United States Department of Justice.
Through lectures, demonstrations, role play, and practical scenario applications, this course is an instructor level program designed to qualify students in the L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies and Tactical Options Program. The course is classroom based to educate and train instructors in positive communications skills, effective de-escalation techniques, anger management and combat confrontation avoidance techniques. The course teaches how to recognize aggressive behaviors and keep them from escalating. Students learn Active De-escalation Strategies that can avoid or resolve negative interactions by employing effective de-escalation methods. This course also discusses tactical responses to use when diffusion tactics are inappropriate or ineffective and teaches distraction techniques that promote the success of tactical applications.
- Identify professional benefits of active diffusion strategies
- Risk management for officer safety
- Learn principles if emotional intelligence for law enforcement
- How past complaints are used in litigation
- Anger management and control
- Learn methods of effective verbal de-escalation strategies
- Understanding physiological changes during aggression
- Learn to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion
- Learn anger management skills and techniques
- Learn methods to re-direct the thought process
- Identity different communications styles with appropriate response tactics
- Learn methods of motivational interviewing skills
- Learn methods of distraction to obtain tactical advantages
- Learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations…plus more!
Mark Derham Golden Police Department,
Golden Fire Department Station 21 Training Room
911 10th Street, Golden, CO 80401