Become a Qualified CT Arrest and Control L.O.C.K.U.P.® Instructor!!! CT Department of Corrections Hosting CT Arrest…
Golden Police Department Colorado Presents
Tracking – Trending – Investigation of Use of Force Command – Supervisors and Trainers
“You can’t manage what you don’t measure.”
NEW DATES Dec. 5 – 6 2018 / 0830 – 1630 Hours
In this two day program the training will introduce techniques and concepts of how to track, trend and investigate use of force incidents. Topics will cover training curriculum development, use of force reporting and review to investigations. This overview concentrates on multiple issues ranging from daily officer citizen complaints to investigative issues involving physical to deadly force encounters. Instruction uses lecture and case review. This is essential training for anyone who reviews, conducts training, or investigates police use of force incidents.
- Legal applications of use of force – What is being reported
- Early Intervention tracking for use of force
- Reducing liability in use of force by deploying de-escalation strategies and documentation
- Reducing liability and increasing officer safety by deploying tactical strategies
- Strategies on responding to individuals that are considered special populations
- How to avoid an “Eric Garner Incident”
- What to look for when tracking police use of force
- Training curriculum selection and review
- Coordination and strategies dealing with multiple officer engagements
- Training measurements and performance – You can’t manage what you don’t measure.
- Video recording issues regarding viewing and reporting
- Immediate press release strategies ……Plus more.KEVIN DILLON (ret) is a highly sought after speaker and international trainer. He has lectured on use of force executive issues throughout the country. His appearances include conferences such as the International Association of Chief of Police (IACP), Commission of Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA®) and FBI Command College, and FBI LEEDA Conferences. Lt. Dillon has been requested in many “hot-spots” such as New Mexico, St Louis MO, California to address concerns on police use of force. Recently interviewed on CNN for law enforcement tactics. Lt. Dillon is a 26 year law enforcement officer, SWAT Commander and trainer. He is certified by the Force Science Institute and is an FBI National Academy Graduate. Lt. Dillon is also the developer of 2 Internationally Recognized programs, L.O.C.K.U.P. Arrest and Control System and L.E.A.D.S. Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies program being instructed to law enforcement officers globally.
LARRY A. SCHURIG is the Executive Director of the Use of Force Review Unit for the Cook County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO). Mr. Schurig initiated the Use of Force Review Unit in September of 2011 and created the unit that reviews all reported Use of Force incidents which involve Cook County Sheriff’s Department employees. The Correctional Department houses 8,000 to 11,000 inmates in the correctional facility on a daily basis. Due to the magnitude of violent detainees in the facility on a daily basis, the department experiences Use of Force incidents. The development, strategies and review processes created by Executive Director were even recognized by the Department of Justice.
Mark Derham Golden Police Department,
LOCATION: Golden Fire Department Station 21 Training Room
911 10th Street, Golden, CO 80401