L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control CT – 9 Day Instructor Training
L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control SOLD OUT!
CT – 9 Day Instructor Training
Hosted by Waterbury CT PD
Congratulations to the new L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Combat Arrest and Control Instructors who attended and successfully completed the physically challenging 9 day Instructor program. Officers from throughout CT and RI attended the class. These instructors are now qualified to conduct recruit and in-service training to the officers or their agencies in the L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Combat Arrest and Control System.
The L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Police Combat System is being instructed to officers in 20 states and 5 countries.
This is what the graduates had to say:
If the please assess the quality of this presentation.
18 out of 20 students rated it as the highest category, 2 rated it as 4 Very Good.
- It has absolutely the best training program I have ever been to.
- High quality, very in-depth.
- Clear to the point and easy to understand.
- Very well organize and structured.
- Great hands on.
- Excellent course, K.D. (Lt. Dillon) was entertaining that have we learned a large amount of information.
- Lots of energy. Explained in multiple ways.
- Best training I’ve ever had.
- Well presented.
- Very clear in systematic instruction.
Was this program relevant to your work assignment?
19/ 20 Students rated this course at the highest level 5, one rated it as 4 Very Good.
- Extremely relevant. Can be used in many different scenarios.
- Applies to everyday work and personal life for self defense and protection.
- All examples and scenarios apply to our work.
- Yes it furthers my knowledge of LOCKUP program.
- Extremely relevant.
- Yes we are armed and on the street many times aloneOTHER COMMENTS
- I will be able to pass this on to other members of my department and make them safer.
- Excellent instructors with positive attitudes.
- I am 100% confident now with being able to protect myself from bigger guys.
- All instructors took their time to ensure that we understood, were proficient and confident in the moves.
- All instructors were knowledgeable and helpful to students.
- Amazing material, can’t wait to pass it on.
- Great defense training.
- Lt. Dillon is awesome, well-spoken an extremely dynamic.
- I will be able to pass on what I know to new officers going through the New Britain academy.
- Great class for concepts is to have a plan of attack.
- Allow me to explain liability and when officers should engage in with what level of force.
(Session 1 April 24 – 26, 2018) (Session 2 – May 8 – 10,2018) (Session 3 May 15 – 17, 2018
An intensive 9-day training program on L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Combat Arrest and Control – Train the Trainer. This course provides in-depth arrest and control confrontation training. It develops a solid foundation of de-escalation tactics, physical manipulation techniques with instructional methods that will certify the student as a Connecticut Arrest and Control Instructor. The empty-hand skills can be relied upon by individual officers or with teams. This system is a complete arrest and control program that fully integrates all weapons systems of law enforcement.
- Risk Management for Confrontations
- Legal Aspects of Use of Force
- Report Writing, Documentation and Tracking
- Verbal Communication – Effective De-escalation Skills
- Instructional Techniques to Fit the Employee
- Trouble Shooting Combative Maneuvers
- Fighting Tactics from Multiple Platforms
- Decisive vs. Counter Measure Strategies
- Team Communications and Takedowns
- Police Ground Fighting Tactics
- Managing and Documenting Training
- Environmental Training
- Physiological Changes During Human Aggression
- Much more!
* CT POSTC approved, credits applied *
Class times 0830 – 1630 daily