Palm Beach State College – FL
L.O.C.K.U.P. Police Training Immediate Control Tactics for Beachfront Officers
April 6 – 7, 2022
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Congratulations to the officers of Florida and Saipan who attended and successfully completed this physically intensive and challenging customized program for Beachfront officers. Officers trained in multiple environments within two days for greater transfer and retention. Saipan has now included L.O.C.K.U.P. training for the men and women of the Saipan Police Department. We are honored to add another country to our international market!
100% of the evaluations collected rated the course presentation at the highest level – Excellent! Instructors Lt. Kevin Dillon (ret)
Suggestions and Comments:
- Best of the best
- Need more of these types of training
- Wonderful training, worth flying across the world for these two days of training
- Lt. KD. is awesome
- Knowledgeable and helpful, very friendly, and has good delivery of material
- The course brought me topics and strategies to light that I have never thought of. Very very helpful
- This course should be offered repeatedly throughout the year. Most beneficial combinations of report writing and use of control training I have experienced
- I love KD! best instructor ever, perfect every time
- KD is one of the best instructors I’ve known, not only is he professional but he lets us be us! It’s fun and tough.
- Demonstrating the techniques and performing them on the sand was extremely insightful
- Learning from someone who is in the business is really beneficial
- Great instructor, encourage learning and student buy-in
- Great topic techniques taught proved effective even with substantial body size differences and showed they could be used in adverse environments
- Outstanding instructor. Amazing class!
Through lectures, demonstrations, role play, and practical scenario applications this course will instruct students to use the force reasonable to control a violent resisting or combative suspect within a beachfront environment. The focus is on developing a strong knowledge of immediate physical control tactics and techniques that address unstable sandy environments, hot weather, with crowded populated areas. The techniques are direct, proportionate, and measured responses to all levels of resistance and aggression in arrest and control engagements
- Effective immediate control tactics to reduce injuries
- Rapid fatigue issues with delayed control in hot environments
- Force mitigation strategies and de-escalation
- Body fusion and skeletal pinning techniques to stabilize the suspect
- Pinning vs striking for physical control
- Handcuffing non-compliant individuals
- Controlling suspects with a limited amount of clothing
- Situational awareness in crowded environments
- Coordinated Team takedowns for control
- Solo officer takedowns to immediate control
- Understand the differences between arrest and control, countermeasures and officer survival
- Assessing suspect’s activity and behavior to identify criminality vs crisis
- Legal aspects of use of force
- Contextual simulated engagements and environment for greater retention
Region XII – No-Fee
Non-region – $TBA
NOTE: Seat Limit to 26 Attendees.
Seat Hold WILL NOT be allowed. Accepted Staff will be required to dress in the following: BDU/5-11 Style Type Pants Short Sleeve Non-Logo Black T-Shirt,
Duty Boots, or Sneaker w/ankle support, Body Armor, Full Duty Belt, (Sidearm: Blue/Red Gun: A blue gun will be provided if you do not have one) . Shorts are allowed if they are a department issue.
Registration MUST be through your agency training department or coordinator. Completed registrations may be emailed on agency letterhead to:
Contact : Joseph Tata Jr.
Advanced Career Training Law Enforcement/Corrections Coordinator.
4200 Congress Ave. Lake Worth, FL 33461