Louisiana State Police Academy
L.E.A.D.S. Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies with 3 Day – Instructor Certification
July 27 – 29, 2022
Congratulations to the graduates who attended and successfully completed the three-day Instructor Level Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies with Fair and Impartial Policing hosted by the Louisiana State Police Department July 27 – 29, 2022. The officers actively participated throughout the three-day program during the lecture, case studies, and scenario exercises.
Please rate the overall presentation
- The wealth of knowledge is absolutely amazing
- High energy and interactive
- Good use of information and visual aids
- Very engaging and knowledgeable
- Great – well informative
- The best law enforcement class I have ever attended
- Very organized and engaging
- Incredible. dynamic and intense
- Outstanding, learned a lot of information to take back to the field
- Videos are good, especially for visual learners to connect and relate to the material
- Class was way more than expected
- Great energy and a great contrast and teaching styles.
- Slides are relevant, need more time to cover them all
- very effective keeping attention and getting points across.
- very detailed information with practical ways to implement them
- So entertaining, engaging, and well planned.
Was this program relevant to your work assignment?
- Very relevant. Useful info supervisors patrol troopers need to know
- This will be a great addition to our agency
- Every officer no matter where they are assigned can improve with this class
- Would love more troopers to take the class
- Yes, relevant to any environment
- I work with inmates as well as the public this is hugely relevant
- Yes I usually don’t have very many use of force issues
- Yes I’m an investigator so the whole class resonated on every level
- Yes I can see how it relates to everyday traffic stops
- Everything was relevant to work assignments. Although, as I am an instructor you can’t seem disappointed when you learn that DV isn’t our everyday thing
- Absolutely. We’ll be able to improve in day-to-day activities
- Will improve my interactions with the public
- We constantly find ourselves forced upset people, employees, spouses, and civilians, and we need to know how to deescalate and help others
Please assess the instructors of this program.
Instructors Lt. Kevin Dillon (ret) Chief Terri Wilfong
- Wonderful! Entertaining! Awesome!
- Kevin and Terri were great and willing to answer questions
- Both instructors provided great real life relatable examples
- Perfect team
- K.D. and Terri were great.
- Top-notch. K.D. is extremely knowledgeable and entertaining with valid points. Terry brings administrative knowledge to the program
- Very knowledgeable and engaging
- Intense, dynamic, and passionate
- They were engaged, and never lost the class
- K.D. is great
- The thumb drives with the book was great
- Great contrast of field and administrative experience. Well done K.D. was engaging and did well to keep the attention. Terry started off rough, but it is fun for of reason and once it was realized it is evident why she did well.
- Great instructors!
- Both instructors were very good at keeping the attention and teaching the material. Very animated all stories told of real-life experience matched content.