MA – L.O.C.K.U.P. ® – Overcoming Size Differences for Female Enforcers
L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Overcoming Size Differences for Female Enforcers
Massachusetts MPTC Academy – Randolph MA
Oct. 17 – 19, 2022
This is what what the attending students had to say;
Please assess the quality of this presentation.
18 out of 20 rated it at its highest level (Excellent) and 1 rated it as (Very Good)
- Enjoyed the handouts PowerPoint can hands on
- Overall great
- Good training videos and tips
- Informative and interactive
- All moves were broken down in a way it was easy to learn and retain them all
- *Need mats
- K.D. (Lt. Kevin Dillon) and Toni (Toni Weinbeck) We’re great and knowledgeable
- The method of instruction actually made me understand what to do besides ??? (unreadable) Feel like I’ll remember it.
- Best training presentation I have been to so far
- Great classroom time period just enough where it wasn’t an overload of information well put together classroom time but great that it was mostly hands on need more quick short water breaks, it gets hot and we get thirsty
Was this program relevant to your work assignment?
18 out of 20 rated it at its highest level (Excellent) 2 rated it as (Very Good)
- I work patrol in feel like this class has better equip me for the road
- These moves can apply to many hands on instances and petrol
- I work overnight patrol. I have the highest arrest rate in the department and still haven’t gone hands on. This was a good experience.
- As a patrol officer in a busy city this crucial training
- Yes as a female on patrol it was extremely relevant
- As a patrol officer on the street, often arresting those larger than me
- I am not a patrol officer but some of the techniques would work in jails
- Learned new techniques, skills that is beneficial
- 100% it was
- Yes, definitely useful for instructing DT. I learned some great variations that I will use for instructing recruits
Would you recommend this training to other officers?
100% of attending students would recommend this class to their peers and rated it at the highest level – Excellent!
- Love the hands on aspect would like more of it. Longer classes – five day!
- Great videos, Toni was great. She broke down each maneuver step by step which was extremely helpful for visual learners.
- The breakdown of everything was great and helped me to fully comprehend the moves/information
- Analyzing the videos were great
- Videos were very helpful. A list of the books and other resources emailed to us would be helpful.
- Toni is great, all instructors great
- Very professional and well prepared
- Kudos to all the instructors and how prepared they were
- Better mats for this type of training would have been better
- Very knowledgeable, fun and interactive
- Good videos that showed mistakes made by officers that we can learn from, but also were videos of techniques taught in class worked in the field
- Mats next time please
- Absolutely! All females should do this
- This enforced some of what I already knew and I learned a lot of new techniques
- I would recommend any female should take this course
- 100% it should be mandatory
- I think everything should take it
- I think every female officer should
- Yes, program was very helpful yes to any female officer
- Hell yes
- All females in LE should take this course. It really should be a requirement
- I would definitely recommend this to all women in law enforcement.
- Absolutely men and women alike. I know a lot of men that could benefit from this course too.
- Yes! I already have!
Please rate the instructors in this program. (Toni Weinbeck, Tony Eydenberg, Dennis Hatstat and Earl Johnson) 100% of attending students rated this at the highest category of Excellent!
- The instructors were fabulous. Knowledgeable patient and knew their stuff well.
- All instructors were exactly how you would want them to be; approachable, friendly, knowledgeable of all aspects of training, invested.
- Great number of instructors for the class size, all were very helpful with input and demonstrations
- Everyone was very helpful. I think the men could have been even more hands on with any minor corrections they could have seen.
- All instructors 5
- Excellent, patient and passionate
- The best of the best
- Toni was a great instructor. She did not talk down to us and made me feel confident in my ability.
- Incredible knowledgeable, helpful approachable. Seem like the type that actually use what they teach
- Excellent, excellent, excellent
- Very engaging, could tell by Toni’s energy that she is passionate about what she does. Excellent excellent – women power
- Everyone was great! Toni was very enthusiastic, fun and full of knowledge. I would love to take more of her training even if she says jaw weird.. .! Only thing I wish is that I could have practiced on a bigger person to really test the technique.
- Toni was awesome! Great instructor and great style that broke down the techniques, so they are easy to replicate and learn.
- I wish there was less of this stuff we already did over and over again in the Academy. Eg. Positioning, moving, pivoting, falling, etc. There was a whole day dedicated to this stuff we already learned maybe shorten that at least.
- Everyone was patient and readjust things that we needed, Toni is the best, it made a huge difference learning from a female than a male who thinks he knows what it’s like to be small
Please explain how this training will enable you to change your or improve your present assignment?
- Great techniques to bring back to my department
- My mindset has changed and this training has helped me be more reactive to different situations
- It will give me more techniques and tools to use on gaining control of suspects. I know I am leaving with more confidence
- I feel a lot more confident now going hands on with the subjects. I feel I will be more effective with my fellow officers
- It will give me more confidence when I’m alone and while backing up officers
- Gained more confidence to go hands and sparked my interest again in joining a gym
- Made me more knowledgeable and competent
- It will give me more confidence
- Making sure to stay on top of my skills and build on them. Think differently with confidence knowing I have the tools
- I learned tools to use on patrol when dealing with people who are bigger than me
- Improve my FT O capabilities and be more calm in stressful situations
- This training gave me more options to be able to defend myself against someone who is much bigger than me
- Will look into implementing some of the techniques to our department.
- I feel more confident at work and overall.
- I’ll be able to present variations of techniques that will be useful to female officers
- Learn strategy based approaches that will help me be more safe and know how to use my body