Become a Qualified CT Arrest and Control L.O.C.K.U.P.® Instructor!!! CT Department of Corrections Hosting CT Arrest…
Oakland Police Academy – Oakland Community College
Auburn Hills MI
L.O.C.K.U.P. ® 5 Day Arrest and Control Instructor Training
August 22 – 26, 2022 / 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Congratulations to the NEW L.O.C.K.U.P. Instructor of Michigan. The students attended and successfully completed the extremely physically demanding 5-day Instructor course and actively participated throughout the entire five days! An extremely impressive team of officers. Well done!
The Oakland Police Academy – Auburn Hills Michigan continues to host the L.O.C.K.U.P. training as the L.O.C.K.U.P. System is the exclusive Arrest and Control system for the Oakland Police Academy. The academy investigated and tried several other Defensive Tactics programs and they have determined the L.O.C.K.U.P. is truly designed for law enforcement and has been proven effective by the students they have trained. This is not a martial arts system with just the word “police” after it. The L.O.C.K.U.P. system is designed by law enforcement and fully integrated and interleaved with all elements and disciplines of law enforcement. This is why the L.O.C.K.U.P. and L.E.A.D.S. Systems have been awarded the Science and Innovation Award of 2022 by the FBI National Academy Associates.
This is what the attending student had to say:
- Is very engaging and holds attention well. Uses many visual aids to assist with students’ comprehension his passion for his craft is obvious the materials effective and easily applicable Bad ass!
- A very well-planned presentation, clear and concise. I’ve been to multiple defensive tactics/ subject control instructor schools in my career, and this by far has been the most informational. Techniques that will be applicable to department officers. Very well done.
- Great class!
- Outstanding! Absolutely excellent course and instruction. I had an excellent experience and learned a ton of skills. 10 out of 10!
- K.D. (Lt. Dillon) is an outstanding instructor and is well versed in the subject matter.
- Excellent training and presentation.
- This is my second LOCKUP class, and just like the first, the instructor was able to provide answers to all “what if” questions. It really boosted my confidence in my skills and the program.
- I thought the life examples are awesome for visualization, really locked it in for visual learners. Great knowledge of the subject matter.
- As a new LOCKUP student, it was difficult at times to absorb all the new material. I would like to have gone through the program prior doing the instructor program for familiarity. Great material and instruction!
- Great glass, learned a lot. I enjoyed the method of teaching in how the materials are able to stick, to be able to retrieve the information in stressful situations.
- Great training. Can’t wait for the next class.
- Excellent choice in videos to apply to the given subject matter.
- A course taught at an instructor level should not be taught to veteran police as if they were Academy students. Materials should be accelerated if a student does not know basics like handcuffing they should not be in instructor class.
- Outstanding course, corrections were made when we perform the techniques wrong. Very informative.
- Great course looking forward to attending future courses.
- Good class learned a lot. Will take level 2.
An intensive 5-day nationally recognized training program on L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Arrest and Control Instructor Course. This course provides in-depth use of force – arrest and control training. This training program develops a solid foundation of de-escalation tactics and physical manipulation techniques with instructional methods that will certify the student as a L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control Instructor. The empty-hand skills can be relied upon by individual officers or deployed as teams. This system is NOT a technique-based program but based on contextual, situational engagements. The system fully integrates LEADSLaw Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies as well as all weapons systems of law enforcement.
- Risk Management for Confrontations
- Legal Aspects of Use of Force
- Report Writing, Documentation and Tracking
- Verbal Communication – De-escalation Skills
- Instructional Techniques to Fit the Employee
- Gross Motor Orientated Techniques
- Instructional Methods for Teaching
- Team Takedowns for Immediate Control
- Individual-Based Takedowns
- Decisive Force vs. Defensive Strategies
- Team Communications and Takedowns
- Police Ground Control Tactics
- Environmental Training
- Physiological Changes of Human Aggression
The integration of use of force legal concerns, the impact of human physiology on decision making under stress, consideration of varying physical attributes and skill level of officers, along with students training in full gear, in varied environments, make the L.O.C.K.U.P. Program one of the most effective police arrest and control training programs I’ve experienced.”
Lt. T Fetzer – PA State Police
DATE: August 22 – 26, 2022
TIME: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
COST: $650.00 / Small Agency Group Discount $375.00
LOCATION: Oakland Police Academy
Oakland Community College
2900 Featherstone Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2845
REGISTRATION: Phone: New 248.232.4227