Oakland Police Academy – Auburn Hills MI SOLD OUT!
TRIPLE INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION
Handcuffing – O.C. Spray – Expandable/Straight Police Baton
DATE: January 24-28, 2022
TIME: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Congratulations to the graduates of the L.O.C.K.U.P. Triple Instructor Certification Training in Handcuffing – OC Spray – Police Baton held at the Oakland Police Academy in Auburn Hills MI Jan. 24 – 28, 2022. Officers from Federal Agencies, North Dakota State Police, and Michigan attended and actively participated in this integrated physically active instructor program. All officers successfully completed the program and are now certified L.O.C.K.U.P. Handcuffing – OC Spray and Baton instructors qualified to instruct their academies and members of their agencies.
SPECIAL THANK YOU to Dean Dave Ceci of the Oakland Police Academy in Auburn Hills MI. Dean Ceci demonstrates his commitment to excellence in providing the students with the highest level of law enforcement training. The environment, facility, and support demonstrated validate that commitment.
WHAT THE STUDENTS HAD TO SAY:
100% of the evaluations collected rated the course presentation at the highest level – Excellent!
Instructors Lt. Kevin Dillon (ret) “.K. D.” and Lt. Michael Creter
- The notes on the paper attached to the wall (Flipchart) are helpful reminders. Real-life examples are used which helps us to put it into a better perspective.
- Amazing course! Amazing instructor!
- Kevin and Mike-awesome, love the class, real-world use. Confidence builder. Great instructions, Thank you.
- Another outstanding class put on by “K.D. and his guys. Lessons are always well organized and planned. Very competent in their teaching. Thanks again!
- Tremendous presenters, connect the movements to make makes sense. Chunk learning is great, the high intensity makes the learning environment. Thank you.
- Really enjoyed using the skills on the mannequins, (Training Bob). More could be incorporated. Great / useful instruction. Working law enforcement 30 years an old dog new tricks. “K.D” and Mike were outstanding.
- Great as always! Thanks. First time meeting Mike (Lt. Creter). He was great and very efficient.
- Great training! Would recommend this course (and all courses put on by K.D. to anyone looking to learn and gain experience pertinent to law enforcement!
- Excellent course and material. There is nothing I believe can be added to enhance this course.
- Very good class. Practical class! Will make me a better instructor.
- Amazing class.
- Great topics and discussion.
- Great class. Would like to get OC exposure next time.
- Loved the class! Learned a lot both from “K.D.” and Mike.
- Well instructed class with valuable information. Looking forward to the next L.O.C.K.U.P. course. Love the program!
HANDCUFFING INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
• Nomenclature of the hinged and chain-link handcuffs.
• Handcuffing passive and resistant suspects.
• Practical exercises of handcuffing maneuvers.
• Departmental policy sample discussion.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform team
takedowns and handcuffing maneuvers.
• Documentation and report writing.
• Safe Removal of handcuffs from suspects.
• Controlling handcuffed combatants.
• L.O.C.K.U.P.® tactics integrated.
OLEORESIN CAPSICUM (OC) SPRAY INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
• Identify the various ingredients and strengths of (OC) spray.
• Identify current legal/policy issues in the use of (OC) spray.
• Identify the physical, psychological and physiological effects
• Management protocols re: medical, and decontamination procedures.
• Identify the most effective (OC) delivery methods.
• Identify the flammable characteristics of (OC) spray.
• Identify the placement of OC on the “Use of Force Spectrum”.
• Identify pre-existing medical conditions that may be aggravated by OC.
• Identify verbal commands/warnings that should accompany.
• Deployment of OC.
• Properly documenting the use of OC.
• Tactical considerations: various canisters, holsters,and retention.
• Draw techniques.
• Perform a tactical OC exposure and restraint of a simulated “active” resistive subject.
BATON INSTRUCTOR TRAINING STRAIGHT & EXPANDABLE
• Legal aspects of police use of force.
• Baton deployment and purpose.
• Baton justification.
• Basic baton strikes.
• Body mechanics and footwork.
• Documentation and tracking use of force.
• Baton nomenclature.
• Universal platforms.
• Baton blocking principles.
• Baton body manipulations.
• Trouble shooting student performance.
• L.O.C.K.U.P.® tactics integrated.
APPLICABLE FOR ALL BATONS!
COST: $600.00 – includes manuals, tee-shirt, and certificate,
Plus digital downloadable manuals. (Small agency discount $300.00)
LOCATION: Oakland Police Academy
Oakland Community College
2900 Featherstone Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2845
REGISTRATION: Phone: 248.232.4220
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
All 3 instructor certifications are fully integrated! Students may enroll for separate instructor certifications, but seat
priority will be granted to students enrolling in the Triple Certification 5 day program. Baton Instructor $495.00,
Handcuffing $249.00 and OC Instructor $249.00