St. Cloud MN Police Department SOLD OUT!
L.O.C.K.U.P. ® 5 Day Arrest and Control Instructor Training
March 15 – 19, 2021 NEW DATE May 17-21,2021
Congratulations to the new graduates of the L.O.C.K.U.P. ®Arrest and Control Instructor training held in St. Cloud MN the week of May 17 – 21, 2021. L.O.C.K.U.P. ® has been identified as one of the most mentally and physically challenging arrest and control training in the country. The attending officers actively participated and trained intensely throughout the week. Officers from throughout MN and ND attended the training and are now qualified to return to their agencies and instruct L.O.C.K.U.P. ® to the members of the department. Very impressive team!
The attending students rated the course as
- This is what the attending students had to say:
- I enjoy the practical application of the information. Made me think of improvements in our own program.
- Very hands on good visual material.
- Great! Not boring.
- Relevant, appears to be effective
- Instructors were great at describing things in relatable terms.
- Videos and diagrams were explained well.
- It adds tools for us to add. Much better countering active aggression.
- PowerPoint was used well, was not presented as reading of the slide.
- I think in this current environment we need all options in use the best tools available.
- Great training. Hands on was excellent. I am planning on changing my program to become all L.O.C.K.U.P. ®.
- PowerPoint, videos, and instruction hands-on was excellent and interactive. Great learning retention quality.
- I wish I had this system when I started law enforcement.
- Extremely relevant and more importantly, applicable.
- it was amazing, it was beautiful.
- Videos were good practical examples as well as environmental applications.
- Good amount of physical and classroom activity.
Would you recommend?
- Yes for sure. I think all officers should come to this class. Not just instructors.
- I am looking forward to attend another of these programs.
- Department is going completely to L.O.C.K.U.P. ®
- High quality training.
- Environmental drills were my favorite.
- Awesome job keep it up.
- All material is presented very
Please instructors of this program. Lt. Kevin Dillon, Josh Seifert and Megan Thul
- (Lieutenant Kevin Dillon) is always entertaining.
- Josh was very clear. He was awesome at chunking the techniques. Megan was good at giving tips after executing the moves.
- Lieutenant Dillon was fun. Very knowledgeable and never belittle anyone’s abilities.
- Every instructor brought their own training and learning element experience. Deploying techniques in the field was very compelling. They have answers for nearly everything, extremely knowledgeable.
- Lieutenant Dillon was great.
- Lieutenant Dillon is a pioneer and passionate about officer safety.
- 10 out of 10 five stars, would recommend.
- Very knowledgeable and cares about the officers.
- Josh was awesome. All training was terrific.
- Lieutenant Dillon is a nice guy, can talk the talk and walk the walk.
- Could not have done a better job.
An intensive 5-day training program on L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Arrest and Control Instructor Course. This course provides in-depth arrest and control confrontation training. It develops a solid foundation of de-escalation tactics, physical manipulation techniques with instructional methods that will certify the student as a Basic L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control Instructor. The empty-hand skills can be relied upon by individual officers or with as teams. This system is a complete arrest and control program that fully integrates all weapons systems of law enforcement. It is street proven, court-tested, and retain-able for the officer. One substandard technique deployed changed the country. The material and techniques instructed in L.O.C.K.U.P. ® have been reviewed by legal and tactical experts. Teaching Arrest and Control goes far beyond teaching physical manipulations!
- Risk Management for Confrontations
- Legal Aspects of Use of Force
- Report Writing, Documentation and Tracking
“You can’t manage what you do not measure.”
- Verbal Communication – De-escalation Skills
- Instructional Techniques to Fit the Employee
- Gross Motor Orientated Techniques
- Instructional Methods for Teaching
- Retainable Techniques
- Team Takedowns for Immediate Control
- Individual Based Takedowns
- Integration with Less Lethal Options
- Team Communications and Takedowns
- Police Ground Fighting Tactics
- Environmental Training
- Physiological Changes During Human Aggression
EVIDENCE BASED TRAINING!
Contact: Sgt. Dawn Shattuck
St. Cloud Police Department MN Training Unit – Defensive Tactics Coordinator
320-345-4395 office / Email : email@example.com
101 11th Avenue North
St. Cloud, MN 56303