L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Police Combat
Intermediate Arrest and Control & Recertification
100% of the attending students rated this course in the highest category as excellent!
What the attending officers had to say..
“I thought the way the program was put together made it easy with the chunking method.”
“The way the material is presented makes it easy to follow.”
“The edged weapon defense will make a great asset to my department as well as the handgun retention.”
“Extra time was always taken to make sure the students understood the material.”“The techniques were solidified by repetition.”
“I enjoyed all aspects of this training.”
“Lt. Dillon (K.D) always makes a class great, he not only explains, he shows the techniques and why they are used.”
“Every cop should have this training, starting with recruits and new hires.”
“The hands on / teaching styles will be used and implemented as soon as I can to enhance our training.”
“I came from Ireland just for this course and I’m bringing LOCKUP back!”
January 26 – 30, 2015
St Paul MN PD – Professional Development Institute
A physically intensive 5-day training program to recertify and develop advanced instructors in the L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Combat Arrest and Control System. The course is designed for Basic L.O.C.K.U.P. Instructors to recertify instructors as well as develop updated and advanced information and skills not instructed in the Basic Program.
L.O.C.K.U.P. has continually modified and updated the material to be relevant and up to date. Emphasis will focus on reviewing the core curriculum, updated material, legal updates and instructional methods used to develop a solid foundation of law enforcement arrest and control techniques and use of force against resistant or aggressive suspects.
- Risk Management for Confrontations
- Legal Aspects of Use of Force
- Enhancing Transfer for Greater Retention
- Tracking and Trending Use of Force
- Evidenced Based Training
- Verbal Communication – Effective De-escalation Skills
- Instructional Techniques to Fit the Employee
- Human Performance Factors that apply to Physical Arrest and Control training.
- Decisive vs. Defensive Strategies
- Team Communications and Takedowns
- Police Ground Fighting Tactics
- Edged Weapon defenses
- Handgun Retention and Disarming
- Training for Multiple Assailants
- Handcuffing Compliant and Non-compliant suspects
Saint Paul Police Professional Development Institute
367 Grove Street · Saint Paul, MN 55101
Sergeant Amanda Heu