Become a Qualified CT Arrest and Control L.O.C.K.U.P.® Instructor!!! CT Department of Corrections Hosting CT Arrest…
St. Louis County & Municipal Police Academy
L.E.A.D.S. Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies with 3 Day – Instructor Certification
and Instructor Recertification
June 28 – 30, 2022 0800 – 1700
Congratulations to the graduates who attended and successfully completed the three-day Instructor Level Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies with Fair and Impartial Policing hosted by the St. Louis County and Municipal Police Academy June 28 – 30, 2022. The officers actively participated throughout the three-day program during the lecture, case studies, and scenario exercises.
This is what the students had to say;
- The instructors were extremely knowledgeable about the subject matter I believe all officers could benefit from attending this course. I look forward to attending more courses taught by Lieutenant Kevin Dillon. Corporal 30 years of LE experience
- Very insightful as well as motivational. This course is designed to help the officers become more accountable of the decisions being made.
Watch Commander – 33 years of LE Experience
- Great course. Very knowledgeable instructors with amazing content, applies well in everyday police work.
SRO, 19 years of LE experience
- This course provided me with a better understanding of the de-escalation process and the science behind it. I feel that this course explained de-escalation strategies. It’s better than any other course I have attended. Lt. Dillon provides an easy to understand way to explain multiple ways to use de-escalation any course taught by Lt. Dillon is phenomenal and I would recommend to every law enforcement member.
Sergeant 9 years LE Experience
- This class was amazing. I learned so much in the last three days. So much information broke down into a way I understood it. I am a better officer with the information provided in this course. SRO, 7 years of LE experience
- I thought the course was great and provided easy in real techniques for us to use.
Patrol / SRO, 3 years of LE experience
- It’s absolutely amazing training. The entire course was completely relevant and current. The entire LOCKUP system needs to be provided to enhance officer survival both on this street and end of court! Major 22 years of LE experience. .
- This course was well put together. The instructors showed their wealth of knowledge and kept the class engaged. Having the class teach back the material learned was great. It made you feel more confident. Public Safety 8 years of PS experience
- This course was by far the most informational and educational course the instructor was phenomenal! He was in tune with the class and kept our attention and never missed a beat. The instructor also had a second instructor (Chief Terri Wilfong) And she was very informal and also kept our attention. this class can definitely save the life of a first responder! I highly recommend this course. Patrol 22 years of LE experience
- Course was excellent all around. Information is usable and relevant to the job was well organized and entertaining. Patrol Sergeant 8 years of LE experience
- This course was very informative and I will definitely use it in my day-to-day life and job. I am happy I intended. Patrol Officer / FTO 17 years of LE experience
- The information presented is relevant to law enforcement. The instructors also did a great job ensuring the information was understood. Special Operations 16 years of LE experience
- Great course that was fun to participate in. Bureau of Inv 11 years of LE experience
- Excellent program and trainers. Excellent training environment the only change I would recommend is assigning the teach back assignments the day before this would allow more preparation on the presentation overnight before having to present.
Patrol 10 years of LE experience
- Bummed it was a short course. The wealth of information it was unparalleled in my years of training. Interesting knowledgeable and engaging.
Patrol 16 years of LE experience
This is a nationally recognized conflict resolution de-escalation certification course. The L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies Training was developed in 2007 and has been taught throughout the United States.
Through lectures, demonstrations, role play, and practical scenario applications, this course is an instructor-level program designed to qualify students in the L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies and Tactical Options Program. The course is classroom-based to educate and train instructors in positive communications skills, effective de-escalation techniques, anger management, and combat confrontation avoidance techniques. The course teaches how to recognize aggressive behaviors and keep them from escalating. Students learn Active De-escalation Strategies that can avoid or resolve negative interactions by employing effective de-escalation methods. This course also discusses tactical responses to use when diffusion tactics are inappropriate or ineffective and teaches distraction techniques that promote the success of tactical applications.
- learn how to turn negative communication into positive
- identify professional benefits of respect
- learn anger management techniques
- learn effective verbal de-escalation strategies
- community empowerment and partnership strategies
- understand physiological changes during aggression
- learn to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion
- learn methods to redirect thought processes in a positive direction
- communicate and respond to special populations; (ex.-mental illness, autism, disabilities)
- learn methods of motivational interviewing skills
- learn tactically relocation strategies to delay confrontations
- concepts of fair and impartial policing
- learn to build community partnerships through daily interactions
- teaching methodologies and adult learning principles and classroom and scenario facilitation.
- learn to conduct breakout sessions for role-playing exercises
- learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations
- learn how de-escalation and or the lack of is used in litigation plus more!
REVIEWED AND APPROVED BY THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Presently Instructed in the states of FL, CT, RI, MA, ND, MN, NH, PA, TN, MO, MI, TX, SD, CO, AK, NE, CA, AZ, NM, UT and VT
St. Louis County & Municipal Police Academy
1266 Sutter Avenue • St. Louis, Missouri 63133-1934
Ms. Becky Murphy – firstname.lastname@example.org / 314.889.8608