Warren County MO Sheriff’s Department
L.E.A.D.S. Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies
Attend Sept. 11, 2019 OR Sept. 12, 2019 0800 -1600 each day
De-escalation Certification for the Law Enforcement Professional!
This is a nationally recognized conflict resolution de-escalation certification course. The program is instructed within a classroom setting how to recognize aggression and not stimulate aggression. Students learn Active De-escalation Strategies that can avoid escalating situations or resolve interactions by employing verbal influence techniques, de-escalation and communications methods. Officers learn how to influence behavior by deploying techniques that are proven to work in the “real world”. Officers are also instructed on how to document the de-escalation strategies. If it’s not in the report, it didn’t happen! Instruction uses lectures, scenarios and demonstrations to facilitate retention.
- Identify professional benefits of active diffusion strategies
- Risk management for officer safety
- Anger management and control techniques
- Principles of emotional and social intelligence for law enforcement
- Learn methods of effective verbal de-escalation strategies
- Understanding physiological changes during aggression
- Learn to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion
- Learn methods to re-direct the thought process
- Identity different communications styles with appropriate response tactics
- Learn methods of motivational interviewing skills
- Learn methods of distraction to obtain tactical advantages
- Learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations…plus more!
LOCATION OF TRAINING:
Warren County Administration Building
101 Mockingbird Lane | Warrenton, MO 63383
Contact Sheriff Kevin Harrison @ 636-544-2777