Biloxi Police Department – MS
L.E.A.D.S. Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies with Implicit Bias 3 Day – Instructor Certification
NEW DATES! Oct. 18 – 20, 0800 – 1700
Congratulations to the graduates of the 3 day L.E.A.D.S. Instructor Training program hosted by the Biloxi MS Police Department. Officers from MS, TN, CO, and OR attended and successfully completed this three-day interactive training.
This is what the students had to say:
Group presentations were very helpful.
Will help me as an FTO, as well as help, de-escalate instead of escalating.
Ways to improve training everywhere.
Directly related to common policies and very relevant.
I would recommend this course to all officers in the U.S.
Improved interview techniques.
Would recommend to all LEO’s
I appreciate the vivid teaching style, entertainment and always stays within the lesson.
A lot of great information to use in the job.
Kept the class interesting.
Instructors keep you interested in all aspects of the presentation.
Would recommend, very informative on how the brain works.
It will be added to the curriculum.
The course content and presentation was excellent.
PowerPoint, whiteboard and content was helpful.
Very good diffusion strategies I will be able to take to other officers.
Allows me to think of a variety of de-escalation options rather than use of force. If we can de-escalate we decrease liability.
Please assess the instructors of this program. ( Lt. Kevin Dillon Ret. & Chief Terri Wilfong Ret.)
Very knowledgeable and engaging.
Very knowledgeable and entertaining
Informative and knowledgeable explaining the material.
Both Terri and Kevin kept it all enjoyable, had friendly banter and stayed so professional it set a good example of true professionalism in training.
They care about what they teach and they are very in-depth.
Both Terri and KD were amazing.
K.D. was dynamic and shared life skills in demonstrating the points.
Terri was knowledgeable and instruction was great.
Both very entertaining, experienced in dynamic
SPECIAL THANKS to the Biloxi Police Department for their assistance in facilitating this professional development program. They provided all the support needed as well as an enjoyable educational environment. We will be back!
This is a nationally recognized conflict resolution de-escalation certification course. The L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies Training was developed in 2007 and has been taught throughout the United States.
Through lectures, demonstrations, role play, and practical scenario applications, this course is an instructor-level program designed to qualify students in the L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies and Tactical Options Program. The course is classroom-based to educate and train instructors in positive communications skills, effective de-escalation techniques, anger management, and combat confrontation avoidance techniques. The course teaches how to recognize aggressive behaviors and keep them from escalating. Students learn Active De-escalation Strategies that can avoid or resolve negative interactions by employing effective de-escalation methods. This course also discusses tactical responses to use when diffusion tactics are inappropriate or ineffective and teaches distraction techniques that promote the success of tactical applications.
- learn how to turn negative communication into positive
- identify professional benefits of respect
- learn anger management techniques
- learn effective verbal de-escalation strategies
- community empowerment and partnership strategies
- understand physiological changes during aggression
- learn to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion
- learn methods to redirect thought process through positive direction
- communicate and respond to special populations
; (ex.-mental illness, autism, disabilities)
- learn methods of motivational interviewing skills
- learn tactically relocation strategies to delay confrontations
- concepts of fair and impartial policing
- learn to build community partnerships through daily interactions
- learn to conduct breakout sessions for role-playing exercises
- learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations
- learn how de-escalation and or the lack of is used in litigation plus more!
- teaching methodologies and adult learning principles and classroom and scenario facilitation.
- Learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations…plus more!
REVIEWED AND APPROVED BY THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Presently Instructed in the states of
FL, CT, RI, MA, ND, MN, NH, PA, MO, MI, TX, SD, CO, AK, NE, CA, AZ,NM, UT, and VT
LOCATION of TRAINING:
Woolmarket City Center
13034 Kayleigh Cove, Biloxi, MS 39530
Contact – Sgt. Chris Keckler
Training Officer – Biloxi Police Department
Office# 228-435-6304 / firstname.lastname@example.org