NJ – Use of Force Command – Supervisors and Trainers
Passaic County Sheriff’s Office Presents
Tracking – Trending – Investigation of Use of Force Command – Supervisors and Trainers
“You can’t manage what you don’t measure.”
Oct. 16, 2019 0800 – 1600 Hours
Congratulation to the officers who attended and successfully completed the one day presentation on Use of Force Analysis for Command, Supervisors and Trainers. Officers from throughout NJ and NY attended the program.
Student comments – 100% of attended students rated this class Very Good to Excellent.
What attending student had to say;
- I am involved in our agencies training and I will definitely try to incorporate some of the information acquired in this class.
- Lieutenant Dillon is an excellent instructor. He is knowledgeable and engaging.
- The instructor made this class very interesting.
- Good information to take back to my Department to update policies that are out of date and need to be revised. Very good class in subject matter.
- This guy on the road would be better than 15 of the cops we have getting out of the academy now!
- I have to talk about the enjoyment and laughs I had with such a great visual and auditory effects.
- Lt. was energetic, explanation, enlightening and delivers material in a way that makes it easy to retain.
- I’d use his techniques to avoid getting physical and or in deadly situation.
- Very knowledgeable, very animated. Lt. K.D. is the man!
- The instructor gave great advice for new ways of implementing training and instruction.
- The course was very relevant because I am the commander of the use of force division within my Department. This type of training is vital to any officer who reviews use of force incidents.
- The course provided me with knowledge to enhance my ability to transfer information.
- The handout are useful for future references.
- Helps me to guide me through some of use of force incidents we currently are experiencing.
- The presentation was excellent!
- The knowledge of the instructor was very informative and impressive. It will provide great resource in presenting my findings.
- Well engaged with the audience.
- Lt. Dillon was incredibly informative.
- I can pass the information on to the other officers in my Department as well as clarify certain policies. The course would be great for all officers and refresher for use to force report writing and mindset.
- I will focus on assessment of our training program.
This course is for those who
INVESTIGATE – REVIEW – ANALYZE – OVERSEE – OR TRAIN Use of Force
This training session is designed for anyone who, reviews, reports, instructs or investigates police use of force incidents. The training will examine the most recent and up to date issues that specifically impact command level, training units, front line supervisors and internal affairs investigators concerning police use of force incidents. This course breaks down multiple issues ranging from daily officer citizen complaints, curriculum design, use of force reporting, tracking and trending or investigating incidents involving police use of force encounters. Instruction uses lectures, demonstrations and case studies.
- Legal applications of use of force – What is being reported
- Early Intervention tracking for use of force
- Reducing liability in use of force by deploying de-escalation strategies and documentation
- Reducing liability and increasing officer safety by deploying tactical strategies
- Strategies on responding to individuals that are considered special populations
- How to avoid an “Eric Garner Incident”
- What to look for when tracking police use of force
- Training curriculum selection and review
- Coordination and strategies dealing with multiple officer engagements
- Training measurements and performance – You can’t manage what you don’t measure.
- Video recording issues regarding viewing and reporting
- Immediate press release strategies ……Plus more.
The Passaic County Police Academy
214 Oldham Rd. Wayne New Jersey 07470
Phone: 973-225-7844 email@example.com