Become a Qualified CT Arrest and Control L.O.C.K.U.P.® Instructor!!! CT Department of Corrections Hosting CT Arrest…
Oakland Police Academy – MI
L.E.A.D.S. – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies
and Use of Force Analysis and Coaching for Field Training Officers
August 18 – 19, 2021
0800 – 1700 Hrs
100% of attending students rated this course t the highest level.
- Very informative, well presented. easily retainable.
- This is my third de-escalation type class over the years. This class impressed me. I will immediately apply the lessons to my current training. Thanks!
- Very good instructor and knowledgeable.
- Amazing training, looking forward to taking more LOCKUP courses.
- Needs more focus on FTO portion on use of force and instruction.
- Great class!
- Great class, very informative.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Today, every use of force incident is scrutinized frame by frame on a video and judged by untrained individuals creating distrust and false narratives. Our Field Training Officers are our PRIMARY coaches and INSTRUCTORS but are often not any more trained in de-escalation and use of force than the recruit they are training. De-escalation strategies, use of force mitigation, analysis, investigation, and training is a complex continually evolving issue.
This 2-day training session is designed for Field Training Officers. It will examine how to apply de-escalation strategies in the real world, how to document those de-escalation tactics, force mitigation strategies, how to make use of force decisions, selection of appropriate actions, and report accurately. Topics included are Identifying Agitated Chaotic Events, Officer Behavior and Accountability Issues, Evidence-based Characteristics Associated with Excited Delirium, Instructing and Coaching Methods, and Coaching De-escalation Techniques. The L.E.A.D.S. training program is a nationally recognized program reviewed and approved by the United States Department of Justice.
Oakland Police Academy
2900 Featherstone Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2845