Pennsylvania State Police Trained as L.O.C.K.U.P. Instructors
Pennsylvania State Police
L.O.C.K.U.P. Arrest and Control Instructor Training
Congratulations to the new graduates of the L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control Instructor training hosted by the Pennsylvania State Police in Hershey PA June 30 – July 2, 2021. Along with the entire Pennsylvania State Police Training staff officers from Pittsburg and West Manchester Twp PD attended and successfully completed the training. L.O.C.K.U.P. ® has been identified as one of the most mentally and physically challenging arrest and control training in the country. The attending officers actively participated and trained intensely throughout the week. The new L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Instructors are now qualified to return to their agencies and instruct L.O.C.K.U.P. ® to the members of the department.
The attending students rated this course as
This is what the attending student had to say.
Please assess the quality of this presentation.
- Classroom explanation and PowerPoint was very informative and enjoyable.
- I could tell this training involved experience, knowledge and training.
- Excellent combination of knowledge and skill necessary to prevail in a real world encounters.
- Excellent course, attention is held throughout with very effective presentation and relevant storytelling.
- Outstanding intensity and ability to keep the class engaged.
- Excellent program.
- Love the enthusiasm!
- Professional and clear.
- Well organized and presented.
- Great mix of presentation and application.
- The info was articulated in a concise manner with excellent presentation.
- Absolute, top-notch quality.
- A lot of information but presented everything in detail.
- Excellent information and life safety techniques.
- Excellent training, very knowledgeable and awesome instruction.
Was this program relevant to your work assignment?
- Classroom and techniques were relevant. Especially for simple and effective.
- As a use of force, physical trainer for PSP I found the training to be very useful.
- As a D.T. and use of force instructor this course opened my eyes to essential and additional information.
- Yes, for patrol and other duties.
- Yes as an instructor I will steel some of the material.
- This course is extremely relevant to my work assignment.
- Very much so!
- Yes, I supervised a professional development unit and we develop in service classes.
Please comment on the instruction of this program. (Training aids, multimedia etc.)
- The use of examples and stories drove the points in.
- Good, hands on application of training was the best.
- Well-crafted material, presented in a properly structured manner.
- Superb instruction. Use of humor, stories and impersonations were spot on! Slippery conditions hammered in techniques.
- Well put together, PowerPoint that fits with stories and charts.
- Timely, appropriate for current climate
- Great use of different techniques.
- Video breakdowns and where our newly learned techniques could be relevant, Some more of that.
- Instructor were subject matter experts.
- PowerPoint, flipchart were awesome to get the information out to the students
- Perfect combination
- The instructor’s excellent technique. Very evident that they cared.
- All excellent, value to all aspects from lecture to the firehose.
- Excellent all around
- Multimedia approach with notes was very useful.
Please rate the instructors in this program. (Lt. Kevin Dillon (ret) and Eric Austermann)
- Great training all around. Both did very well.
- The Lead Instructor (Lt. Dillon) might have been the most intellectual instructor I have ever met. Great training all around. Both did very well.
- Very experienced, knowledgeable, and thoroughly practiced application.
- KD and Eric are excellent instructors and their passion for the material was impressive.
- Top notch in and out of the classroom.
- Very clear they believe and care about the material and skills presented and truly want a safer officer on the street.
- In depth knowledge in both verbal and demonstration
- Outstanding presenters
- Instructors were knowledgeable in both technical and practical experience.
- The instructors were subject matter experts
- Fantastic and well groomed, shorts and pants all matched. They were both on the same waves.
- Great energy.
- Some of the most knowledgeable people I’ve met on the subject.
- Both instructors were very knowledgeable
- Clearly the very top of the profession.
- Both instructors are extremely passionate about what they are teaching which makes it that much more enjoyable and makes me more eager to learn.
- Excellent, knowledgeable, and patient.