Englewood Cliffs, NJ – L.E.A.D.S. Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies
78 in stock
Palisades Interstate Parkway Police Dept.
L.E.A.D.S. Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies
NEW DATE Oct 2, 2020
De-escalation Certification for the Law Enforcement Professional!
This is a nationally recognized conflict resolution de-escalation certification course. The program is instructed within a classroom setting how to recognize aggression and not stimulate aggression. Students learn Active De-escalation Strategies that can avoid escalating situations or resolve interactions by employing verbal influence techniques, de-escalation and communications methods. Officers learn how to influence behavior by deploying techniques that are proven to work in the “real world”. Officers are also instructed on how to document the de-escalation strategies. If it’s not in the report, it didn’t happen! Instruction uses lectures, scenarios and demonstrations to facilitate retention.
• Risk management for officer safety
• Anger management and control techniques
• How complaints are used against officers in litigation
• Learn principles of emotional intelligence for law enforcement
• Identify professional benefits of active diffusion strategies
• Learn methods of effective verbal de-escalation strategies
• Understanding physiological changes during aggression
• Learn to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion
• Learn anger management skills and techniques
• Learn methods to re-direct the thought process
• Identity different communications styles with appropriate response tactics
• Learn methods of motivational interviewing skills
• Learn methods of distraction to obtain tactical advantages
• Learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations…plus more!
REVIEWED AND APPROVED BY THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE.
LOCATION OF TRAINING:
333 Allison Park Rd., Englewood Cliffs NJ 07632
Contact Person: Lt. Jesse Cohen Email – JCohen@pippd.org / 201.768.6001 Ext-249