Lake Worth, FL – Triple Instructor Certification – Handcuffing , OC Spray and Expandable Police Baton
24 in stock
Palm Beach State College
L.O.C.K.U.P. Triple Instructor Certification
Handcuffing – O.C. Spray & Expandable Police Baton
Aug 28 – Sept 1, 2023
An intensive 5-day training program to develop instructors in Handcuffing, Oleoresin Spray, and the Expandable
Baton. This is a law enforcement instructor course developing integration concepts within the less lethal options
used by law enforcement and correctional operations. Officers are not restricted to one less lethal option and need
to integrate, interleave, and transition from different disciplines. This course brings those options together in an
instructor format so agencies can benefit from the investment in the training. ALL 3 FULLY INTEGRATED!!
Handcuffing Instructor Training
- Nomenclature of the hinged and chain link handcuffs.
- Handcuffing passive and resistant suspects.
- Practical exercises of handcuffing maneuvers.
- Departmental policy sample discussion.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform team
- Takedown and handcuffing maneuvers.
- Documentation and report writing.
- Safe Removal of handcuffs from suspects.
- Controlling handcuffed combatants.
- L.O.C.K.U.P. ® tactics integrated.
Baton Instructor Training – Straight & Expandable
- Legal aspects of police use of force.
- Baton deployment and purpose.
- Baton justification.
- Basic baton strikes.
- Body mechanics and footwork.
- Documentation and tracking use of force.
- Baton nomenclature.
- Baton blocking principals.
- Baton body manipulations.
- Trouble shooting student performance.
APPLICABLE FOR ALL BATONS!!!!
Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) Spray Instructor Training
- Identify the various ingredients and strengths of (OC) spray.
- Identify current legal/policy issues in the use of (OC) spray.
- Identify the physical, psychological and physiological effects
- Management protocols re: medical, and de-contamination procedures.
- Identify the most effective (OC) delivery methods.
- Identify the flammable characteristics of (O.C.) spray.
- Identify the placement of OC on the “Use of Force Spectrum”.
- Identify pre-existing medical conditions that may be aggravated by OC.
- Identify verbal commands/warnings that should accompany
- Deployment of OC.
- Properly documenting the use of OC.
- Tactical considerations: various canisters, holsters, and retention.
- Draw techniques.
- Perform a tactical OC exposure and restraint of a simulated “active” resistive subject.
Manuals, Tee Shirt and Certificate Included
Plus Digital Downloadable Manuals
0830 – 1630 Hours Daily
Students may enroll for separate Instructor Certifications but seat priority will be granted to students enrolling in
the full Triple Certification 5 day program. Baton Instruction $495.00, Handcuffing $249.00 and OC Instructor $249.00
Aug 28 – Sept. 1, 2023
8:30 AM to 5:30 PM M-F
Criminal Justice Institute (LW)
Region XII – no fee Non-region – $TBA NOTE:
Seats will be limited to 26 Attendees.
Seat Hold WILL NOT be allowed.
Accepted Staff will be required to wear the following: BDU/5-11 Style Type Pants Short Sleeve NonLogo Black T-Shirt, Duty Boots, or Sneaker w/
ankle support Body Armor, Full Duty Belt,
Sidearm: Blue/Red Gun
Issued O.C. Spray and Inert Spray
Issued Baton and handcuffs with product
A blue gun will be provided if you do not have one
No Shorts allowed
Contact : Joseph Tata Jr.
Advanced Career Training
Law Enforcement/Corrections Coordinator
4200 Congress Ave. Lake Worth, FL 33461