Mashantucket, CT – Response to Violence with Strategies and Tactics
111 in stock
Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Police Department
Response to Violence with Strategies and Tactics
FOXWOOD’S RESORT CASINO
Monday, May 20, 2018, 0800 to 1600
A Tag team presentation by two internationally recognized experts, this course will discuss and address an integrated approach when responding to violence with the community. This eight hour seminar is designed as an integrated response for Police, EMS, Fire, Community members and Educators. The key to responding to violence is to prepare strategically, emotionally and tactically. The first step is to acknowledge that violent attacks can happen to you, the second is to take steps to prevent it.
Lt. Kevin F. Dillon (Ret)
International Speaker and Trainer
Director, L.O.C.K.U.P. Police Training
Lt. Col. Dave Grossman (Ret)
U.S. Army (Ret)
• The threat to our nation and the desperate need for an integrated response.
• Recent explosion of violence, against first responders and society.
• Possibility of terrorist attacks on our soil, and on our schools:
• A model seen around the world.
• A mindset of preparation, embrace the responsibility to protect. and respond
• Preparation saves us twice. Physically and psychologically.
• Understanding the principals of risk management for personal safety.
• Learning techniques to enhance environmental and situational awareness.
• Learn methods of effective verbal de-escalation strategies for human communications.
• Integrated responses for “special population” incidents. Police/Fire/Dispatch and EMS.
• How to control your psycho-physiological changes during aggression and violence.
• Learn methods to re-direct the thought process for a tactical advantage.
• Direct application of sports and performance psychology to successful performance during life-and-death events.
• Reality based training as a revolution in performance in life-and-death circumstances.
• Reality based drills for to enhance performance under stress. “Captain Sullenberger response.”
Sgt. Kenneth Washburn Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 860.396.6656
Training to be conducted at FOXWOOD’S RESORT CASINO Bravo Room at the Fox Tower