Moorhead, MN – Police Use of Force for Command, Supervisors and Trainers
Out of stock
Moorhead Police MN
Police Use of Force for Command, Supervisors and Trainers – A Systematic Approach
Sept. 16, 2016 / 0800 – 1600 Hours
In this 8 hour workshop the training will examine the most recent and up to date issues that specifically impact Command, Mid-level Managers and Supervisors concerning police use of force incidents. This overview concentrates on multiple issues ranging from daily officer citizen complaints to investigative issues involving deadly force encounters. Instruction uses lecture and case review. This is essential training for anyone who reviews or oversees police use of force incidents, investigations or training.
- Legal applications of use of force – What is being reported
- Early intervention by tracking for use of force
- Reducing liability in use of force by deploying de-escalation strategies and documentation
- Reducing liability and increasing officer safety by deploying tactical strategies
- Strategies on responding to individuals that are considered special populations
- How to avoid an “Eric Garner case”
- What to look for when tracking police use of force
- On scene investigation protocols
- Coordination and strategies dealing with multiple officer engagements
- Training measurements and performance – You can’t manage what you don’t measure.
- Video recording issues regarding viewing and reporting
- Immediate press release strategies ……Plus more.
Lt. Kevin Dillon (ret) is a highly sought after speaker and international trainer. He has lectured on use of force executive issues throughout the country. His appearances include conferences such as the International Association of Chief of Police (IACP), Commission of Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA®) and FBI Command College, Lt. Dillon was recently requested by the New Mexico Chiefs and Sheriff’s Association as well as St Louis MO Academy to address concerns on police use of force.
Lt. Dillon is a 26 year law enforcement officer, SWAT Commander and trainer. He is certified by the Force Science Institute and is an FBI National Academy Graduate. Lt. Dillon is also the founder of the L.O.C.K.U.P. Arrest and Control System being instructed to law enforcement officers globally. He also served as a consultant for Lt. Col Grossman on his book On Combat.
SEATING IS LIMITED – REGISTER ON-LINE TODAY!
Contact Lt. Chris Carey
Moorhead Police MN
To Be Held at of Minnesota State Community and Technical College, 1900 28th Ave S. Moorhead MN