Omaha, NE – L.E.A.D.S. + T. – Law Enforcement Active Diffusion Strategies Plus Tactical Options
22 in stock
Omaha Police Department Presents Lt. Kevin Dillon (ret)
L.E.A.D.S. + T – Law Enforcement Active Diffusion Strategies Plus Tactical Options
Three Day Instructor Course
MARCH 5, 6 & 7, 2018 TIMES: 0830-1630
This course is an easy to use communications class for street confrontations that will assist to de-escalate engagements, reduce complaints, and liability, as well enhance officer survival!
Lt. Dillon developed the L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active Diffusion Strategies and Tactical Options One-Day Program in 2007, receiving national recognition. It has been presented to officers in the states of FL, CT, RI, MA, ND, MN, MO, MI, SD, CO, AK, CA, AZ, WY and NM. The L.E.A.D.S. ™ curriculum has been reviewed and approved by the United States Department of Justice.
Through lectures, demonstrations, role play, and practical scenario applications, this course will instruct students and develop instructors in the L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active Diffusion Strategies and Tactical Options One-Day Program. The course is classroom based to educate instructors in effective communications skills, de-escalation techniques as well as combat confrontation avoidance training. The course teaches how to recognize aggressive behaviors and keep them from escalating. Students learn Active Diffusion Strategies that can avoid or resolve negative interactions by employing effective de-escalation methods. This course also discusses tactical responses to use when diffusion tactics are inappropriate or ineffective and teaches distraction techniques that promote the success of tactical applications. We utilize lectures and demonstrations.
- Understand the principles of risk management for officer safety;
- Identify indicators of hostility through body language;
- Learn and understand the value of customer service in law enforcement;
- Learn how to turn negative communication into positive;
- Identify professional benefits of respect;
- Learn effective verbal de-escalation strategies;
- Understand physiological changes during aggression;
- Learn to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion;
- Learn methods to redirect thought process through positive direction;
- Learn the importance of professional posturing;
- Identity different communication styles and appropriate response tactics;
- Learn methods of motivational interviewing skills;
- Learn methods of distraction to obtain tactical advantages;
- Learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations;
- Discuss application of the 30 Guiding principles PERF Recommendations;
- Communicate & respond to special populations; (mental illness, autism, disabilities),
- And More!
The L.E.A.D.S.™ Curriculum has been reviewed and approved by the United States Department of Justice
Host: Omaha Police Department
Local Contact: Miranda Soares, Training Specialist, 402.444.4116
Location of Training: Omaha Union Hall – 13445 Cryer Ave, Omaha, NE 68144