Weston, MA – L.E.A.D.S. + T. – Law Enforcement Active Diffusion Strategies Plus Tactical Options
Out of stock
Weston Police Department, Massachusetts Presents Lt. Kevin Dillon (ret)
L.E.A.D.S. + T – Law Enforcement – Active Diffusion Strategies Plus Tactical Options
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
This course is an easy to use communications class for street confrontations that will assist to de-escalate engagements, reduce complaints, and liability, as well enhance officer survival!
This is a classroom based combat-confrontation conflict resolution avoidance course.
The program is instructed within a classroom setting how to recognize aggression and
not stimulate aggression. Students learn Active Diffusion Strategies that can avoid escalating or resolve interactions by employing conflict management and tactical de-escalation methods. Officers are instructed in officer safety tactical options when de-escalation does not work and how to deploy and coordinate successful strategies. Instruction uses lectures and demonstrations to facilitate learning and retention.
- Risk management for officer safety
- How complaints are used against officers in litigation
- Identifying indications of hostility through body language
- Identify professional benefits of active diffusion strategies
- Learn methods of effective verbal de-escalation strategies
- Understanding physiological changes during aggression
- Learn to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion
- Learn methods to re-direct the thought process
- Learn how complaints against officers are used in court
- Identity different communications styles with appropriate response tactics
- Learn methods of motivational interviewing skills
- Learn methods of distraction to obtain tactical advantages
- Learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations
- Plus more!
Presently instructed in the states of MN, MI, FL, CT, RI, AZ, CO, MO, AZ, CA, MO
Course Reviewed and Approved by the Department of Justice
“I personally benefited from this training and I would highly recommend it for officers, police managers and attorneys who defend officers. Thank you for including me and my fellow litigators in this valuable training.”
Judith A. Hanson Assistant City Attorney – City of Saint Paul
Local Contact – Chief Michael J. Goulding
Host: Weston Police Department
180 Boston Post Road Bypass (Route 20) Weston, MA 02493