Wyatt Detention Center and Middletown PD RI
TRIPLE CERTIFICATION TRAINING – Handcuffing – O.C. Spray & Expandable & Straight Police Baton
May 7 – 11, 2018
0800 – 1630
CONGRATULATIONS to the officers who attended and successfully completed the 5 day LOCKUP Triple Certification Instructor Training held at Wyatt Detention Center, Central Falls RI. Officers from throughout Rhode Island and Missouri attended the course.
On behalf of the LOCKUP Instruction Team, Lt. Kevin Dillon, Lt. Pat Buckley, Sgt. Mike Creter and Lt. Dave Bissonnette we would like thank each and everyone of them for their dedication and professionalism demonstrated throughout the week.
Also a SPECIAL THANK YOU to Sgt. Débora Richard for going above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed to present the highest level of training.
This is what the students had to say:
Please us as the quality of this presentation.
- Excellent course.
- Lieutenant Dillon’s training are the best. Practical and useful.
- Instructors were excellent, they were prepared every day.
- Everything was covered extensively and clearly.
- Energetic and enthusiastic Instructors.
- Always a quality of excellence.
- Presentation was informative.
- Best training this year, will be attending more courses.
- Great instruction.
- This presentation showed many useful tactics that could be deployed on a day to day basis.
- Very complete and thorough.
- Training aids made for good learning.
- The Instructors were knowledgeable, helpful in showing the officers the practicality of the techniques.
- As a patrol officer / instructor for my department’s combatives program this training is extremely relevant to my assignment.
- I’ve taken in a lot of information and will process everything over this weekend and re-apply much of the information into our policy, training and routine.
- If class was fun! Great training.
- As an SRO, I stopped carrying the baton. I am reevaluating the decision because of a new techniques I was taught.
Dave (Lt. Bissonette) Mike (Sgt. Creter) Pat (Lt. Buckley) and K.D. (Lt. Dillon) were outstanding. I would go to war with them anytime they called.
Handcuffing Instructor Training
- Nomenclature of the hinged and chain link handcuffs.
- Handcuffing passive and resistant suspects.
- Practical exercises of handcuffing maneuvers.
- Departmental policy sample discussion.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform team
- Takedown and handcuffing maneuvers.
- Documentation and report writing.
- Safe Removal of handcuffs from suspects.
- Controlling handcuffed combatants.
- L.O.C.K.U.P. ® tactics integrated.
Baton Instructor Training – Straight & Expandable
- Legal aspects of police use of force.
- Baton deployment and purpose.
- Baton justification.
- Basic baton strikes.
- Body mechanics and footwork.
- Documentation and tracking use of force.
- Baton nomenclature.
- Baton blocking principals.
- Baton body manipulations.
- Trouble shooting student performance.
APPLICABLE FOR ALL BATONS!!!!
Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) Spray Instructor Training
- Identify the various ingredients and strengths of (OC) spray.
- Identify current legal/policy issues in the use of (OC) spray.
- Identify the physical, psychological and physiological effects
- Management protocols re: medical, and de-contamination procedures.
- Identify the most effective (OC) delivery methods.
- Identify the flammable characteristics of (O.C.) spray.
- Identify the placement of OC on the “Use of Force Spectrum”.
- Identify pre-existing medical conditions that may be aggravated by OC.
- Identify verbal commands/warnings that should accompany
- Deployment of OC.
- Properly documenting the use of OC.
- Tactical considerations: various canisters, holsters, and retention.
- Draw techniques.
- Perform a tactical OC exposure and restraint of a simulated “active” resistive subject.
Contact – Lieutenant Pat Tracy Email – PTracy@easthavenpolice.com / (203) 468-2161
Training to be held at East Haven High School – 35 Wheelbarrow Lane, East Haven, CT