Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office SOLD OUT!
L.E.A.D.S. Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies Instructor Training
Jan. 13-15, 2021
0800 – 1700
Congratulations to the graduates who attended and successfully completed the three-day Instructor Level Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies with Fair and Impartial Policing hosted by the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, Florida. The officers actively participated throughout the three-day program during the lecture, case studies, and scenario exercises.
Please assess the quality of this presentation.
36 out of 36 100% of participants rated this course in the highest category as (5) excellent.
- Very good quality with very good energy.
- Great presentation.
- The presentation was very high quality.
- Instructor did a great job with all aspects of the presentation.
- Great PowerPoint and instruction.
- Excellent, volumes of information.
- Above expectations, top shelf.
- Very well organized and well taught.
- Put together extremely well.
- Well thought out.
- Great class.
- Very good. Had the rooms full attention.
- This class is something every cop should have, no matter how many years of experience you have.
- Dynamic and thorough
Please assess the instructors of this program.
36 out of 36 100% of participants rated this course is the highest category as (5) excellent.
- Kevin Dillon is one of the best instructors I have ever taken in all my years of taking courses.
- Knowledgeable and well spoken.
- Very knowledgeable on every topic.
- The best and most informative training and instructor I have had in several years. Keep doing what you are doing.
- Excellent, very knowledgeable.
- Instructor was very enthusiastic and helpful in keeping the class engaged.
- Extremely knowledgeable, relevant information in an entertaining manner.
- Very knowledgeable and informative. It was clear that the instructor was an expert.
- One of the best instructors I have seen.
- Very energetic, passionate, and knowledgeable.
- Outstanding instructor.
- Excellent, very knowledgeable. Likes what he does and it comes across in his teaching.
- One of the best instructors I’ve had. Very energetic, engaging passionate and knowledgeable.
- Very knowledgeable great job.
- The best I have seen.
- K.D. (Lt. Dillon) did a great job. All of the sections were engaging in no downtime made the class enjoyable.
- Great job.
Was this program relevant to your work assignment?
34 out of 36 participants rated this course in the highest category as (5) excellent, 2 rated this category as (4) Very good.
- The program was very relevant, very good use of experiences.
- As a trainer it’s good knowledge to have to pass along.
- Work in the training unit. Topics were relevant and valuable information to bring back to the agency.
- I work with people, so yes.
- Very much so yes. it is relevant to every area.
- Very relevant.
- Yes, since I am in the training division.
- Right in line.
- I work in situations where I have to talk to people daily. I need this.
This is a nationally recognized conflict resolution de-escalation certification course. The L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies Training was developed in 2007 and has been taught throughout the United States.
Through lectures, demonstrations, role play, and practical scenario applications, this course is an instructor level program designed to qualify students in the L.E.A.D.S. ™ Plus T – Law Enforcement Active De-escalation Strategies and Tactical Options Program. The course is classroom-based to educate and train instructors in positive communication skills, effective de-escalation techniques, anger management, and combat confrontation avoidance techniques. The course teaches how to recognize aggressive behaviors and keep them from escalating. Students learn Active De-escalation Strategies that can avoid or resolve negative interactions by employing effective de-escalation methods. This course also discusses tactical responses to use when diffusion tactics are inappropriate or ineffective and teach distraction techniques that promote the success of tactical applications.
- learn how to turn negative communication into positive
- identify the professional benefits of respect
- learn anger management techniques
- learn effective verbal de-escalation strategies
- community empowerment and partnership strategies
- understand physiological changes during the aggression
- learn to use cognitive limitations for active diffusion
- learn methods to redirect thought process through positive direction
- communicate and respond to special populations
; (ex.-mental illness, autism, disabilities)
- learn methods of motivational interviewing skills
- learn tactically relocation strategies to delay confrontations
- concepts of fair and impartial policing
- learn to build community partnerships through daily interactions
- learn to conduct breakout sessions for roll playing exercises
- learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations
- learn how de-escalation and or the lack of is used in litigation plus more!
- teaching methodologies and adult learning principles and classroom and scenario facilitation.
- Learn communication and physical strategies to de-escalate situations…plus more!
REVIEWED AND APPROVED BY THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE.
Presently Instructed in the states of FL, CT, RI, MA, ND, MN, NH, PA, MO, MI, TX, SD, CO, AK, NE, CA, AZ, NM, UT, and VT
LOCATION of TRAINING:
Gold Coast Eagle Distributing
7051 Wireless Court, Sarasota FL 34240
Contact Lt. Charles Kenniff
Charles.Kenniff@sarasotasheriff.org / (941) 861-1629