L.O.C.K.U.P. Police Combat Arrest and Control Train the Trainer
St Louis County and Municipal Police Academy
St Louis MO
Feb 10 – 14, 2014
The St Louis County and Municipal Academy is sponsoring a 5-day L.O.C.K.U.P. POLICE COMBAT – TRAIN THE TRAINER COURSE. The arrest and control course is instructed through a combination of classroom, hands on instruction and training drills to facilitate retention among attending students.
L.O.C.K.U.P. is based on a strong foundation of science that has been approved by medical review. It is a complete system that covers the officer’s initial approach, communication, conflict diffusion and/or physical control ending in arrest and transport. The manual is clear and concise to provide greater stability for future legal concerns. The movements are basic and easily translated to officers of all physical fitness and size differentials. Officers train in realistic situations while outfitted with their duty equipment (vest, gun belt, etc.) which enhances recall for longer periods of time. Great emphasis is placed on being an “honorable warrior” by being able to diffuse and not create hostile conflict, using violence appropriately, quickly and efficiently when needed, and treating the community with compassion and respect. While hammering on ethics and values, L.O.C.K.U.P. also teaches officers to work together as a team.
L.O.C.K.U.P. is the ONLY POST certified system for the state of Connecticut and POST credits awarded in the states of Rhode Island, Michigan, Illinois, N. Dakota, Maine, Florida, Missouri, Colorado.
Instructor candidates learn:
- Risk Management for Confrontations
- Legal Aspects of Use of Force
- Report Writing, Documentation and Tracking
- Instructional Methods and Techniques
- Understanding Factors for Victory or Defeat
- Controlling and Managing Fear
- Physiological and Physical Changes During Combat
- Fighting Maneuvers that Match the Physiological Changes
- Instructional Techniques That Work For the Individual
- Striking Systems for Law Enforcement
- Fighting Techniques and Fatigue
- Fighting from Standing, Kneeling and Grounded Platforms
- Team Communications and Decisive Takedowns
- Ground Fighting for Law Enforcement engagements
- Weapon Retention and Takeaways
- Managing and Documenting
“As a hand to hand combat instructor with over 20 years of experience I am highly recommending any of the L.O.C.K.U.P. courses for all Law Enforcement officers, no matter what your job. I have been involved with many different hand to hand systems within the law enforcement community and the arrest and control system taught by KD is far superior in its effectiveness and simplicity.” Christopher Periatt, President – Michigan Tactical Officers Assoc.
Continuing Education Coordinator
St. Louis County & Municipal Police Academy
1266 Sutter Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63133-1934
Phone 314.889.8608 or 314.889.8600