TRIPLE CERTIFICATION TRAINING
CONGRATULATIONS to the graduates of the LOCKUP Triple Instructor Certification Course hosted by Fairfield University Public Safety the week of June 8 – 12, 2015, 2014. Officers from CT, FL, MO, and TN completed the physically intensive Triple Instructor class. The new instructors are certified in Handcuffing, O.C. Spray and Police Baton. Several attending students are currently certified LOCKUP Arrest and Control Instructors.
Special Thanks to Fairfield University Public Safety Department for hosting the training.
Whats the students had to say:
L.O.C.K.U.P.® Triple Certification Instructor Training
June 8 -12, 2015
(100% of attending students rated this course at the highest rating as excellent.)
Student comments listed below.
• “Exactly what I expected.”
• “Outstanding instructors and instruction.”
• “I learned more about handcuffing / OC and Baton in this class than in 6 years in law enforcement.”
• “Met all expectations.”
• “Overall it was an outstanding course.”
• “This course went above and beyond my expectations.”
• “This course exceeded my expectations, was taught techniques I didn’t know existed.”
• “As always this course exceeds my expectations.”
• “I wish more officers from m t dept. would take these LOCKUP courses.”
• “Lead instructor Pat Buckley really made the group feel united and comfortable.”
• “They were all very passionate about teaching individual subjects.”
Please explain how this training will enable you to change or improve your current assignment.
• “These classes improve my confidence to do my job properly.”
• “Applies to all aspects of the required performances.”
• “Currently at the Training Academy I feel more comfortable and confident as an instructor.”
• “Recommending this course to all fellow officers T SCSU.”
• “With this training I have received I will be able to revamp our entire defensive tactics program.”
• “Training taught is key and presents less opportunity for one to get hurt.”
• “Builds confidence and ability to able to teach others.”
• “It will allow me to go above and beyond the state requirements.”
• “It may just save my life one day or my peers, I recommend this course to anyone working in law enforcement!”
• “Excellent program, It will incorporate LOCKUP moves with baton, OC and handcuffing.”
Handcuffing Instructor Training
- Nomenclature of the hinged and chain link handcuffs.
- Handcuffing passive and resistant suspects.
- Practical exercises of handcuffing maneuvers.
- Departmental policy sample discussion.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform team
- takedown and handcuffing maneuvers.
- Documentation and report writing.
- Safe Removal of handcuffs from suspects.
- Controlling handcuffed combatants.
- L.O.C.K.U.P. ® tactics integrated.
Baton Instructor Training – Straight & Expandable
- · Legal aspects of police use of force.
- · Baton deployment and purpose.
- · Baton justification.
- · Basic baton strikes.
- · Body mechanics and footwork.
- · Documentation and tracking use of force.
- · Baton nomenclature.
- · Stances.
- · Baton blocking principals.
- · Baton body manipulations.
- · Trouble shooting student performance.
APPLICABLE FOR ALL BATONS!!!!
Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) Spray Instructor Training
- Identify the various ingredients and strengths of (OC) spray.
- Identify current legal/policy issues in the use of (OC) spray.
- Identify the physical, psychological and physiological effects
- Management protocols re: medical, and de-contamination procedures.
- Identify the most effective (OC) delivery methods.
- Identify the flammable characteristics of (O.C.) spray.
- Identify the placement of OC on the “Use of Force Spectrum”.
- Identify pre-existing medical conditions that may be aggravated by OC.
- Identify verbal commands/warnings that should accompany
- Deployment of OC.
- Properly documenting the use of OC.
- Tactical considerations: various canisters, holsters, and retention.
- Draw techniques.
- Perform a tactical OC exposure and restraint of a simulated “active” resistive subject.