Palm Beach State College
L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Police Training
Immediate Control Tactics for Marine Patrol Officers
Feb. 20 – 21, 2023
Through lectures, demonstrations, role play, and practical scenario applications this course will instruct students to use the force reasonable to control a violent resisting or combative suspect within marine patrol environments. The focus is on developing skills for immediate physical control tactics and techniques that address unstable and close quarter environments such as boats and vessels. The techniques are close quarter based and are direct, proportionate, and measured responses to all levels of resistance and aggression in arrest and control engagements. Training on day two will be conducted on real boats to replicate the environment to emphasize realistic training for greater retention.
• Risk management for confrontations
• Equipment issues and mobility
• Self defense v. arrest and control
• Retainable techniques
• Individual based takedowns
• Integration with less lethal options
• Team communications and control
• Close quarter counter measures
• Tactical decision making
• Physiological Changes During Human Aggression
• Legal aspects of use of force
• Report writing, documentation and tracking
“You can’t manage what you do not measure.”
• Verbal Communication – De-escalation Skills
Registration MUST be through your agency training department or coordinator.
Completed registrations may be emailed on agency letterhead to: CJTRAINING@palmbeachstate.edu. Contact : Joseph Tata Jr.
Advanced Career Training Law Enforcement/Corrections Coordinator.
4200 Congress Ave. Lake Worth, FL 33461 firstname.lastname@example.org 561-868-3398