L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Police Combat
Arrest and Control Instructor Course
Bismarck ND Police Department
Instructor Dates Nov. 2 – 6, 2020 0800-1630
Recertification Dates Nov. 3 – 5, 2020
Congratulations to the Graduates of the L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control Instructor and Recertification Training Program hosted by Bismarck ND. Officers attended and successfully completed the physically intensive combat and control Instructor and recertification training. Officers from throughout North Dakota attended and are now certified L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control Instructors qualified to instructor officers of their department and North Dakota Academies.
This is what the students had to say:
- This was the most comprehensive cop training I have been to. Better than the Academy, with more retention.
- Well put together, instructor did a great job with expanding beyond the slide or demonstration.
- I liked how the presentation was also teaching methods of instruction.
- I enjoy the transition from the gym to classroom daily to keep our attention.
- Good mix of PowerPoint, videos and physical demonstration.
- Loved this class!
- Being from a remote rural County usually with no backup, my confidence in survival has risen.
- I hope our Department will send more trainers to this course.
- I appreciate the breakdown in the back of the book.
- I feel it is necessary for all officers to have knowledge on the subjects presented.
- Top quality as always.
- Fantastic as always.
- Excellent quality as expected.
- It was good to show real life application from the videos.
- Allows me to present quality training to my shift and Department.
- Everyone from law enforcement should attend.
- This training can be applied in used in many law enforcement fields.
- This improves my defensive tactics instruction immensely as I bring this knowledge back to my new recruits.
- I will be able to elevate the training at my Department and implement more training more frequently.
- Instructors – Josh and Megan were entertaining and kept us on pace they were both informative and fun. As a recertification student in uncertain times it was nice to refresh all the manipulations again. I have actually used some of this information on the streets.
- Josh was very approachable when individual attention was needed. Megan was great about modifying manipulations to be better executed by smaller officers.
- Personably and made things easy to understand. Patient as well, could tell they were experienced.
- Highly knowledgeable, professional.
An intensive nationally recognized 5-day training program on L.O.C.K.U.P.® Police Arrest and Control Instructor Course. This course provides in-depth arrest and control confrontation training. It develops a solid foundation of de-escalation tactics, physical manipulation techniques with instructional methods that will certify the student as a Basic L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Arrest and Control Instructor. The empty-hand skills can be relied upon by individual officers or with as teams. This system is a complete arrest and control program that fully integrates all weapons systems of law enforcement. It is street proven, court tested and retainable for the officer. This system has been developed by Lt. Kevin F. Dillon, an internationally recognized expert in use of force. This system, techniques and and concepts has also been defendable in court.
- Risk Management for Confrontations
- Legal Aspects of Use of Force
- Report Writing, Documentation and Tracking
“You can’t manage what you do not measure.”
- Verbal Communication – De-escalation Skills
- Instructional Techniques to Fit the Employee
- Gross Motor Orientated Techniques
- Instructional Methods for Teaching
- Retainable Techniques
- Individual Based Takedowns
- Integration with Less Lethal Options
- Team Communications and Takedowns
- Police Ground Fighting Tactics
- Environmental Training
- Physiological Changes During Human Aggression
“The agency has an excellent self defense training program which contributed greatly to their success in low usage of less lethal weapons during this accreditation period.” C.A.L.E.A.® Assessment of L.O.C.K.U.P.® CALEA® Executive Summary
Contact: Sgt. Mitch Wardzinski
Bismarck ND PD
701-355-1875 / Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanford Health Officers Training Center
301 14th St. NW Mandan ND 58554